Chapter 1

"I don't think moving at night is a good idea," I say to the girls as we walk through the dark streets leading to home. Kris and Lily ignore me and continue moving. for the past month, I have been experiencing a lot of weird things. I constantly feel like I am being watched even when I am alone, I sometimes hear voices that I can not make out, more like whispers. The louder the voices get, the less sense they make. At first, I would just brush it off because I thought that maybe I was just being paranoid but with the passing of time they have just become worse, so after a few days I decided to tell my friends. Of course, none of them took me seriously, and I was laughed at and called crazy. "Agatha, you can be so creepy sometimes," they would say.

So today after basketball practice, which is an hour or two after our usual knocking-off time, we were forced to walk home because it was too late to chance a vehicle and apparently we were too scared to call home and tell them to come to pick us up. So now here we were in this dark street and I could the voices again and the presence seemed to be nearer this time. I am scared but there is nothing I can do, no one seems to believe me. "You are walking slowly for someone who claims to have a stalker," Kris says, "I am coming," I respond, trying to catch my breath as I sprint toward them.

Kriss and Lily were nice girls, well at least that's what I thought before I got to know them. Kris was a tall, fair-skinned girl with long, black hair, she had big black eyes that were so nice to look at. Her physical features and body were like the ones you would see in magazines. She had the body that people who go to the gym want to achieve, built like an Egyptian queen, you would think she was related to Nefertiti. 

Lily on the other hand was slightly shorter than Kris, fair-skinned as well with a slenderer body, the type you would envy. She was adorable with a beautiful voice, she was a brilliant singer apart from being a good basketballer. Anything she did captured people's attention, she could just be merely existing and people would still be stunned.

And then there was me, truthfully, there was not much to write about, I was the odd one out. The one you would not notice. It never really mattered whether I was there or not, my presence or absence did not mean much. Mostly people would just notice that I existed if and when they wanted something from me. That did not phase me though.

Unlike other people who are not seen, unlike other castaways, I never fell into the pit of self-pity. I considered that to be really low, I used everything I had to my advantage.