Chapter 13

Very early the next morning, Mwiza and Vichie came to my room. "We have a plan!" they said in unison, there was a major age difference between the two but when they were together, they acted like agemates. I sat up straight from my sleeping position, "I hope this is worth disturbing my sleep," I said to them ferning annoyance. "We know you were not sleeping," Vichie said which was very true but did she have to point it out? "We can help you escape," Mwiza says from the blue, "I am not a criminal, I won't be running from anyone." They both stared at each other in disappointment, "well that was not the main reason we came but if you do decide to run away, we are one call away," Vichie says enthusiastically.

"So, the fact that every time there is a crime, you are found there," Mwiza started and I stopped her midway, "this again?" I exclaimed. "No wait, I am not here to point fingers at you, I am here to help you, you are my baby sister after all." She continued

"We think you are being set up, because obviously you are not dumb enough to trap yourself like this, it's too obvious. There's no way you could have killed all those people and left so many incriminating trails behind, it just does not add up. The person that is doing this knows you, knows you very well and is able to set you up in ways that he/she knows you would most definitely fall for. For example, the killer, knew you would go to the basketball coat alone that day, he would have killed you if he wanted you dead but he decided to keep you alive, and he let you arrive just in time to be the only one at the practicing ground and to be the one to discover those dead bodies, everything was perfectly planned. The killer knew you would be going to the independence festival, and he knew you did not really like Chipego. He also knew that there was enough evidence to show that you had reasons to kill your friend's boyfriend. The bombing could have been a distraction for him to be able to commit his crime thoroughly because that boy was killed after the bombing, so he was bound to die, anyone, because, from the start, he was the killer's target."

"And that's not all, whoever has been killing people unlike what the police are saying does have a pattern and that pattern involves the people around you and their loved ones." I thought about what she had said, it made so much sense and it sounded like the killer was "Atlas?" I said out loud and they both nodded, "It can't be," I responded, it could not be, he would not. But then I remembered how sneaky he was, at this point, it could be anyone. "You need to tell us any and every piece of information you know, we will get you back," Mwiza said and before I had the chance to ask what she meant by getting me out, I heard the sirens outside. I could hear the heavy footsteps coming up the stairs, "There's a pattern to the killing, everyone that was killed either abused drugs, was a drunkard, or was a nuisance to society in one way or the other." The door pushed open and before I knew it there were police officers on the other side, Vichie cried and Mwiza tried to comfort her, I had faith that the two would help me. Hopefully.