3 Purchase

The next morning the vendor was open. The vase that was shattered had been fixed; each piece was picked up and put back into its rightful place. Apart from the cracks of where it shattered the vase was back in one piece.

"Is it the same one?" He said to himself while staring at the vase with rose vines decorated on the sides. The vase itself wasn't beautiful nor was it eccentric. Nothing to make it unique from any other vase.

Except that it's been shattered and put back. The paint did very little to hide where it had shattered. Though the coloring and pattern was clever since it made the small cracks seem intentional. As if the cracks were vines spreading across.

"How can I help you?"

The voice was like a tune that his ears had searched for. The voice that jolted his attention! Raising his head up to see the masked woman standing before him.

For a silent minute he observed the mask on the woman's face. There was no need for him to make his eyes move around to see everything else. As trained as he was there was a full view of the woman standing before him. Full perspective of his surroundings there shouldn't be a main focus. His instincts should be high alert yet they were foggy. Suffering from tunnel vision of the woman who stood before him.

Confusing, unnerving, on edge with his palms sweating like crazy.

"Are you alright?" She asked seeing his awed expression,

The insecurities of existing. It could be heard in your voice.

The starring wasn't anything new to her. It didn't bother her nor was his long silence. It's as if it were a common thing for her. For people to stare and judge her by the horrible mask she's forced to wear.

"Your mask." He said keeping an expression of curiosity. "There's something odd about it."

A hand reached out pulling the girl's shoulder back.

"Dearly sorry for her. She can be a real attention seeker." The man growled out as the woman looked down, backing away.

"How can I be of service to you?" The man said with an exciting smile as his hands clapped together. The young man couldn't stop looking at the woman.

Pointing toward her his view coming into focus seeing every single thing. "The mask she has."

"Yes! What about it?" The man asked nervously.

The boy asked, suspecting it to be the vase workers' handy work.
"Why are there mouths sewed shut where the eyes should be? The mouth has an eye and the eyes are on the cheeks. There's something about that mask. Can't seem to put my finger on it." Leaning his index finger against his chin never moving his focus from her.

"What about it?" The vase máker said annoyed. "Well? If you have something to say about it, spit it out!" His fists clenched. "If not quit starring at her."

"It's odd. Like you." The young man said, finally meeting the vase maker's eyes. "Odd?? Odd! I made that mask!" The vase máker reaches back grabbing the woman by her neck forcing her on her knees before the young man.

"Look at it! See how I captivated the skin around the mask, the lips are real, such as the eye in the mouth..I am no amateur artist to be insulted by some wonder! What I sell here is extraordinary material. Beyond you understanding! Some dine in the skulls of monkeys, others seek for rare antique's!" He held out a Crystal skull.

Nothing seemed to intrigue him. Nothing the vase maker even said was registered for all he could feel was this unsettling anger.

"Let her go." A tight grip on the vase maker's wrist restricted any blood flow to his fingers making him release the woman. "Touch her again. I'll personally make sure your hands never create distasteful trash."

Releasing the vase maker's wrist to assure the woman was alright. "Can you stand?" He asked, reaching out.

"I'm alright." She spoke with a husky voice. Dry from no water perhaps."How long did it take you to repair the vase?"

"She stayed up all night repairing my precious work. As clumsy as she is it's more of a torture for me. She even painted it." The man spoke on her behalf. "If she is able to sell the vase then she pays me back what she owes. By that I mean the money she owes me for breaking it in the first place."

She never accepted the young man's hand for help. Instead she stood up with what little pride she held and walked behind the vase máker.

"Now are you going to buy something or should I get the authorities involved?" The vase maker looked over to the village's swordsmen who volunteered in protecting the village.
After a long pause of silence the young man pointed at the vase with cracks.

"This one."

The vase maker seemed displeased. "You couldn't afford it!"

The young man reached in his pocket taking out a small red bag full of his earnings.
"Would this be enough?"

"AAA! You! I- The vase is not for sale!"

"You said it was for sale. Are you a merchant who lies?" The young boy said, crossing his arms on his chest. "I do not lie! I made up my mind not to sell you something so faulty!"

"Yet you ask for a high price. I have the money yet you are not willing to keep your word, Seems like your business is a fraud. Are you even the artist of these vase. Seeing how your taste is with your ass theres no way you could create all these vases. Especially this one." The boy held the rose vase in his hand.

At this point the vase maker had enough. "Of course I made all of my sellings! Watch who you are accusing of. You smug brat! Take the vase! " The vase maker took the money bag away but the young man did not leave. "I wan to purchase the mask shes wearing."

"Now your pushing it! First you insulted my work and now you want to buy it!" The vase maker walked up to the shivering woman. "Her mask is not for sale, She needs it to hide her horrible face." The vase maker walked behind her holding her chin in place as he lifted the mask up slightly.

What the young man saw was enough for him to scorch earth this village.