4 Chase

After purchasing the broken vase he took it home, setting it to the corner of his small room.
Sliding his palms on the vase feeling each crack it held. The vase was once used to hold Puffer fish, but after you shattered it. The quality of the vase was stripped naked. The vase makers ego was too big. Believing no one would want it. If anyone asked he would demand a high price.

It hurt the vase makers ego.

Now it's not sure if it could even hold dirt. "It reminds me a lot of her." The masked girl.

That very night his mind drifted into the night sky. Daydreaming of the woman in his dreams. What visiting right does she have to enter his dreams?

As the shadows creeped into his room from the window above. The branches of trees shook from a breeze that blissfully entered his room. Reaching out to grab hold of his sheathed sword his eyes watched a demon's hand come out from the vase at the corner of his room.

The slithered head arose with multiple baby hands on the toso. From the darkness of the shadows it tried to hide it's hideous shape. As it crept on the floor rushing to him.
"Misti Breathing forth Form." Muichiro unsheathed his sword, casting mist around the room. His movements were quick translucent to the mist making it hard for the demon to detect him.
"I missed him?" Muichiro looked behind to see the slithering body escaping through his window.

Gazing down to the street from the rooftop of a house his eyes spotted something slithering around the shadows of the alley. On the move he chased this unknown creature..

"Help!" Screams of a weeping family and a torn door was all he saw. The family was attacked by something. It shredded them into pieces leaving the small home painted in blood the walls and ceiling. Red puddles that grew beneath the body parts of the dismembered.

"Damn it!" He gritted between his teeth realizing he was too late.

The clamp of a vase caught his attention. At the corner of the room there was a vase circling to balance itself. It's unknown to him if the vase was moving because the attack was recent and it caused it to tilt.

The demon got away that night. A family was lost.
Once the bodies were moved to their appropriate burial grounds. The village was emptied out.
"What happened?" No matter how many times he asked himself that question the scene of the crime was like a puzzle. Blood on the walls, ceiling, floor.

Kneeling beside the pottery to examine it he looked down into it seeing something at the bottom. Reaching in to retrieve what felt like paper. It was a family photo theres just one thing off, The youngest son is missing.

The bodies he counted was the mother two older sisters and one middle aged boy. There was no little brother with the bodies,

"He could still be alive. The demon must have taken him," Standing up to look around the room for any clues as to how the demon could have escaped him that night. There are no windows in this small hut home. The room wasn't even big enough to hold such a family.

"Demon?" That voice again! Turning his attention sharply to the entrance where the masked woman was peeking inside. "What are you doing here?" She asked unsure of him as if she was nervous, not trusting of others,