Chapter 43

The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "The example of the one who celebrates the Praises of his Lord (Allah) in comparison to the one who does not celebrate the Praises of his Lord, is that of a living creature compared to a dead one." [Sahih al-Bukhari  6407]

University Hospitals Bristol & Weston NHS Foundation trust
Bristol, UK.

Standing in front of the office of Dr. Crush on the fifth floor. Goodness, it was less than 2 mins so she exhaled a thick breath and knocked on the door immediately, receiving a signal to come in.
Slowly, she slid open the door and entered. She took tentative steps closer to him and he acted almost like she didn't exist.
"Assalamu alaikum" she greeted and he replied immediately without raising his eyes to her. He was rather engrossed in whatever he was doing on his Mac.

"This is the report and..." She was about to talk about what happened yesterday but he beat her at it.
"Drop it and leave" He dismissed her, mercilessly and that painfully pierced through her chest.
"When you love someone and they act as if you don't matter"

Nonetheless, she isn't going to give up so soon, she wanted to try her luck some more and try getting attention... Maybe, just maybe something would work out. "Dr. Hammad..." Again, he beat her at it.
"Please leave Dr. Ikram. As you can see, I am very busy and need no distraction" He made himself clear that it would be irrational if she dragged this any further so she kindly took her leave, with a sulking face and misty eyes. Her heart felt as if it was being squeezed by some merciless hands as she rushed out of the office.

Hammad wasn't happy with his actions either, he didn't mean to be this hard on her but what other option has he got?, this is the only way he could help himself. He had thought Umar and Ikram were already seeing each other and felt really heartbroken that Umar asked her out first. He knew Umar loves Ikiey right from the first day he saw them together, the way she smiles at him, and the way he stares back at her.
He didn't know that Ikiey is in love with him as much as he was in love with her and since he isn't giving her any chance to explain her, he was wrongly judging her without even knowing.

Some feelings are better off unexpressed.

•••

07;15 PM
KABA HOTEL,
East Flanders, Belgium.

Habib was tired from the 9 hours flight, so he quickly settled in his fancy hotel containing two rooms. JD occupied one, while he occupied the other one. It's their layover time and Habib takes off his uniforms with only a towel wrapped across his waist. He was getting ready to shower since it was getting late... Well, he made a mental note to call his wife immediately he was done with everything since he hasn't called her for more than 24 hours now. He has been so busy that it passed their calling hours and he didn't have the chance to call her. Without a doubt, he knew she would be dead-drop worried for him... He smiled with that thought in his mind as he made way for the bathroom until a knock revved his attention back to the door.

"Come in" he yelled knowing who it was. Just like he predicted, JD walked in, in a rush though.
"Where is your backpack?" JD asked, his eyes surveying the whole room in search of the bag until Habib saved him the stress and gave a response. "It's in the wardrobe. What's up?"

Before he answered, he was already in the wardrobe and the next second, he yanked the backpack and pulled out Habib's MacBook.
"This hotel is fucked up! Their wifi connection is bad. I might as well need your network again!" He said in a rush and made his way to the exit with Habib's property in his hands.
"At Least tell me what you need the connection for" JD ignored as he walked out with Habib's voice echoing