Chapter 45

Be grateful to your Lord🌹

University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation trust
Bristol, UK.

It's the early hours of Thursday, Ikiey, Hajiya, and Umma are in the hospital with Abooh. Heba was asked to stay at home so the house won't be left empty.
Every member of the family is in total despair except Habib and Jawaad who aren't aware of Abooh's health condition.
He was able to scale through the night with the pills Ikiey administered to him but this morning, Ikiey knew he had to be admitted and diagnosed.

Heba was feeling restless at home, praying for Abooh to get better. She was in pain seeing how Umma's smiley face has become sour for the past hours. She didn't sleep all through the night, looking after her husband and his needs. Heba for the first time spent her night in Umma's apartment because she couldn't rest in her apartment knowing Abooh isn't in a good condition, likewise Ikiey who spent the night with them.

Abooh rested on his sick bed in a fancy hospital room which is on the VVIP side of the hospital. He smiled his pain away as he watched Ikiey taking some blood from his vein for a test. "My little girl of yesterday is now a doctor". was the thought that rang in his head and the reason behind that sickly smile.
"Baba you shouldn't be smiling in this condition!" Ikiey whined, her face gloomy and her voice sounding bare.

"Why? I am fine trust me" Abooh insisted, still smiling and that smile got everyone worried instead of relieved as they watched the more-like daughter and father converse.
"If you are fine, then you wouldn't have been on a hospital bed" Ikiey playfully rolled her eyes as she placed the collected blood on a lab board and motioned to the nurse to take them to the laboratory.
"I can't believe my baby girl is now treating me" The older man's voice came out gruff and low. He is weak indeed.

"I will treat you and you will get better. You will be fine, don't worry Baba. But for now, stop talking and get some rest" she spoke so eloquently and Abooh was beyond proud of the girl his friend's daughter has become.
"Ikram what is going to happen now?" Hajiya wanted to know, she is scared as well for her brother. He is the only relative she has left and the last thing she would ever want is for anything bad to happen to him.

"Mama, we can't administer any treatment on him until we are sure of the problem. And his blood test will be out tomorrow so for now, we will work with his symptoms and what can manage his condition in the meantime" Ikiey explained further and the two women nodded in response.
"What of Dr. Abubakr Sa'eed? Isn't he around?" Hajiya further asked as it has been ages since she last saw her friend, and they'd only communicated on the phone.

"He is in a meeting with senior doctors. But I've sent a notification that we are here so once he is done, he will be here with a senior doctor who will take over Baba's treatment" The young doctor responded.
"Why can't you treat Habibi? You are also a doctor" Now, this is Umma talking.
"I am a junior doctor Aunty. I'm still in my foundation year and nobody's life can be fully entrusted to me without supervision but no worries, whoever the senior doctor is, I will work by his side and make sure Baba is given the best treatment and he will surely recover" Ikiey assured, this time she smiled over to everyone in the room so they could be rest assured.

*•*•*•*

It's been over an hour, Ikiey had other things to do around the hospital so she left Umma and her mom with Baba. She was on her way back to Abooh's designated room when her phone started to ring, she pulled it out from the pocket of her white coat. Hebs with a white heart emoji.
She slid the accept button and brought the phone closer to her ears immediately.
"Are you okay Hebs?" She asked, still walking through the corridor of the hospital that leads to where Abooh stays.
"Yes, I am. How is Abooh? Been trying to call Umma but it isn't going through. Is everything okay over there?" Her voice sounded disturbed.