Chapter 4

﴿ما أَصابَ مِن مُصيبَةٍ فِي الأَرضِ وَلا في أَنفُسِكُم إِلّا في كِتابٍ مِن قَبلِ أَن نَبرَأَها إِنَّ ذلِكَ عَلَى اللَّهِ يَسيرٌ﴾ [Al-Ḥadīd: 22]
(22) No disaster strikes upon the earth or among yourselves except that it is in a register[1634] before We bring it into being - indeed that, for Allāh, is easy -

Hotel du Vin Bristol, United Kingdom
07:00 AM

Wrapped the towel over his body, drying off his wet hair in front of the circle-shaped large mirror pinned to the wall opposite the bed in the suite.
With so many things running through his mind, he chose to focus on the most relevant of them all and that's his sudden flight back to Cornwall.

He needs to be at the airport in less than an hour for a pre-flight briefing. With an austere expression plastered on a handsome face, the young man dropped the hand drier on the drawer and made his way over to his dressing room.

There, among so many complete pilot's uniforms, the young man hand-picked one with three stripes on the sleeve and shoulder epaulet indicating the rank of a flight first officer (FFO).

Without wasting much time, he got clad into his wear and wore his signature perfume (world black leather). He perfectly styled his curly long hair, wasting a lot of time on it because, among so many things, he doesn't joke with his hair and his full beard; his hair is his Baby.

After rubbing a fragrance oil on his beard, he carefully combed it. Upon dropping the comb, his phone started ringing... Immediately, he thought it was his boss from work. Hastily checking who the caller was, he realized it was his world 🌏 his Umma.

Using the airpod which was already connected to his phone, he slid the accept button of his iPhone 14 pro max, and a slight smile was vivid on his lips. This has got to be the umpteenth time she was calling in the past 18th hours.

"Assalamu alike Umma" came his husky voice as he stared at his reflection in the mirror.
"Walayka Salam Abba! Hope you slept well?" she instantly gave a reply, a motherly affection etched its lines on her eyes.

"Yes, Alhamdulillah Umma. How was your night?" he threw the question back to his Umma, hoping everything was well with her.
"It was fine just couldn't stop checking up on your new beautiful wife throughout the night. Can't imagine how lonely it must have been for her to spend her wedding night alone... But good thing Jawaad told me you are back...." unable to complete her sentence realizing she had revealed someone's name; it was supposed to be anonymous!

"Aaauuunnntttt!" Came Jawaad's voice as he walked closer to where Umma was after hearing what she had said, he felt a bit disappointed as his eyes drew in; Now, without a doubt, he knows his darling cousin brother would never tell him any secret stuff.

Umma caught between her son and nephew, pinned her lips together in confusion, trying to figure out a way to fix the mess she has just created.

"JD told you, right? Guess he is there right now, Umma please put the call on speaker!" the husky voice from the other side of the phone said, his voice a bit raised as he wasn't going to take it easy on Jawaad this time around; funny how he kept telling him things even though he knows he can't keep a secret.

Without a choice, Umma tapped the speaker button, and her son's voice was been heard loudly from the other side of the phone. Jawaad already sweating because he knew what his brother can be like.