Sports meeting - 1/2

POV TYPE:

With my head against the bus window, I watch the landscape pass in front of me. With the university football team, we are going to take part in a sporting event organised by another campus. Techno, next to me, keeps mumbling some of the craziest strategies. He's been like that since the coach told us about this meeting.

It was a month ago, I was talking with Techno about our juniors and how to train them when the coach approached us. He handed us a brochure before briefly explaining what it was all about: another university campus had decided to organise a sports event that would last a week and our university was invited to participate, as well as another university. When we told the rest of the team the reactions were mixed, but in the end, everyone agreed to participate.

"Hey, you're not even listening to me! It's important, if we have a bad strategy, we will lose every game! ", Techno's complaint gets me out of my head, I look at Champ behind us, but this quitter has fallen asleep.

"Ai'No, you've been repeating the same strategies at least a dozen times, relax. And even if we're last, we'll always be on the podium. There are only three teams taking part", I try to look relaxed in front of Techno, but deep down I also feel a slight apprehension. You'll probably think it's silly, but it's the first time in two years that I'm going to find myself in an unknown place without Tharn to accompany me.

Talking about this idiot, I told him about this meeting the same night the coach told us about it. He wanted to leave with me immediately.

"Tharn?", I called him directly when I entered the flat, if I didn't tell him now, I'd probably forget about it.

"In the bathroom! Can you reheat the dishes on the table? I'm getting dressed", grumbling for form, I took the two dishes and put them in the microwave.

I was watching the dishes turn when a pair of arms embraced me. I could already feel my boyfriend's perverse ideas. We hadn't done anything for several days. We had spent the weekend at his parents' house for a family party. Tharn's parents had taken in some family members for this occasion, including two cousins who had slept on extra beds in Tharn's room, and therefore with us.

"Tharn, I'm hungry and I want to talk to you about something before", at that moment I didn't realise it, but I must have had a serious tone because I felt Tharn stretching out before he turned to me.

"What's going on? "I wanted to bother him a little, but his worried eyes destroyed all my plans before they had even really formed in my head.

"Nothing serious, I just don't want to forget. In a month's time, during the break, I'll have to leave for a week".

"One week? Why?" he didn't seem really happy, but I didn't really leave him much choice.

"Another campus is organising a sports event and we are taking part in it with the football team", I turned around to take the food out of the microwave.

"Can I come with you? ", his pout was back.

I had to explain to him that the campus had reserved rooms for us, but only for the teams, not for possible companions. In any case, the first days were going to be reserved for training, the football matches being the last three days of the week. It was only after I promised him that I would send him the schedules of my matches that he stopped pretending to sulk.

The bus stop takes my mind off it again, I hadn't listened to Techno any more than before, but it seems to have made up my mind as he sleeps next to me. We get out of the bus first, we had to check that we had everyone, even if I don't think it's possible to vanish on a bus trip, when we hadn't even taken a pee break: it was a simple 2 hours trip.