𝟏𝟒. 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐀 𝐅𝐎𝐎𝐋

"Did I say something wrong?" Ben questioned the pirate in confusion seeing her face drop from her tiresome look to a much more on guard as she paced outside his cell.

"Oh you have no idea, Beasty." Elizabeth scoffed with a playful grin as she tried to convince herself it was for him to wave off her change when it became for her.

Elizabeth was anything but a fool even when she was younger she knew enough to know she hadn't made a friend out of her imagination in the woods, she never claimed to be Alice herself falling down the rabbit hole yet in that moment she wasn't convinced of it anymore.

She couldn't have imagined herself to be as naïve to even imagine the prince, the future king of Auradon, to be anywhere near her home to even know of it.

As she stared out the window taking in the smell of the sea travel to her letting that thought settle a much more devastating thought began to form and she knew if it was true then any blame she pushed to everyone else would come back to tear her apart.

"That friend of yours. . . had you ever let anyone, your parents or your guards, know where you met her?" Elizabeth turned her gaze back to the king slowly walking back to the cell showing no emotion other than curiosity.

"No. I always thought that would break some kind of trust between the two of us. It was kind of like a secret and it felt nice having something just for me and one other person to know about." Ben finished his bite as he furrowed his eyebrows wondering what that had to do with anything but he was honest either way he had no other choice really.

If that gave Elizabeth any relief she hid it very well Ben had no real idea especially with how quickly she turned away from him.

Elizabeth pondered on that, she did for a while before she started to wonder if Ben knew what happened with her mother he had to know he had to know why her family had to be torn apart.