Painful Memories

Sorry it took so long to update! I kinda got lazy and had the worst writers block. BuT i'M BacK aT It so I HOpe YoU enJoY!

.....

Astrid flew on Stormfly with every muscle in her body tense and her head spinning. The sun was getting lower and lower in the sky. The sun's reflection on the blue ocean danced with the moving waves and was almost blinding. The clouds that sat rather lowly on the horizon were slowly turning a shade of light yellow along with the fluffy white. It would be such a nice flight with the warm breeze that rustled Astrid's hair, if it wasn't for their situation and lack of two riders. One of which was deathly ill and on his deathbed. 

"We're nearing the ship where the dragon was being held!" Fishlegs called to them and snapped out of Astrid's daydreaming. The ship, or rather ships, would have been long gone if there were still hunters on it.

"It took long enough!" Tuff cried. Astrid felt the same. They had stopped at the very original place where the ship had been adrift but the wind and waves had caused it to move. Fishlegs was able to calculate where the ship would end up. She was so thankful that he didn't stay behind. 

Astrid landed swiftly on the wood deck and she heard wing beats behind her signalling that the rest of the riders were following. She soon heard talons hit the wood, followed by footsteps.

"Abandoned,"  Ruff said and took a look around the silent ship. 

"As it should be," Astrid said and felt a weird anger boiling inside her. This was the ship that Hiccup had gotten hurt. This was the mission that caused him to be knocking at death's door. "Search below deck for the dragon. Check the other ships as well." Astrid gestured to the ships that were also cast adrift and were nearby. "If it's not here, we'll move on to nearby islands where the dragon could have gone."

Everyone nodded and split up to the other ships and searched. Astrid had a strong feeling that the dragon was no longer here. Why would it stay in the place that kept it captive for so long? But there was no harm in looking. 

Astrid headed below deck as Stormfly stayed above. The ship had the same layout as any other ship they had been on. The dragon proof cages gave sudden memories. Painful memories of Astrid and her friends being held captive on these ships in these cages came flooding to her. One in particular: It was just her and Hiccup, they were scouting for ships and they were caught. And it was just Ryker. He was given permission to do whatever it took to get information. But it wasn't Astrid who was hurt physically. But her mind would never get rid of what she had seen. Blood and screams...

------Flashback-------

Astrid sat across from Hiccup in the cell, leaning against the hard and cold wall. Sense when was wood so cold? Astrid peered at Hiccup who was staring at the ground with his brow furrowed. Astrid knew he was thinking. Thinking of an escape. The other riders wouldn't know of their absence until later. They had just begun patrol and were supposed to be back in about two hours so when they don't return, they'll know something is up. 

There was a squawk and Astrid recognized it. It was Stormfly, in a cell right next to ours with Toothless next to hers. Astrid heard flapping wings and spoke gently to Stormfly, "I know, girl." There was a low growl from Toothless but Astrid couldn't see him. She could just picture his black pupils that usually were big and round sharp against his green eyes.  

Astrid sighed and slumped more against the wood. They would be there for a while, and who knows what would happen during the time.

Footsteps echoed down the hall and Astrid saw Hiccup head snap up in alert. Ryker appeared, he was wearing a smirk, with his arms crossed. Astrid glared daggers at the man.