Chapter 4; Not Enough For Love

Maria never went downstairs when her mother shouted "Maria is time to eat, gown downstairs now, you're going to school". Maria then came downstairs and saw the look of her mother, she is being mad.

Maria then told her mother "Mom, I don't think I could go to school. Everyone would just bully me when I go there now that everyone knew the truth". Her mother just felt dreadful about everything.

"Maria, I knew what you really felt but you had to go to school because you loved education, I knew about what others felt, it happens to me and I learned to accept it".

Hearing the response, Maria in the end accepted it and she asked to her mother "Mom, will I continue meeting Aaron again?". Maria's mother felt speechless to the question until she answered "It depends".

When she got to her school, Maria heard whispers, even during classes and Maria was missing me. Until lunch started, Maria searched the entire school for me but failed.

In the end, Maria eat her lunch outside alone, suddenly the mean girls came and humiliated Maria. Everyone was staring at the scene.

"Well, look at poor Maria, losing her one and only charm, sorry but this is real life, not a Disney film. But we're not sorry about it so please just move on while we going to humiliate you until you finished high school".

Maria just cried and just stared at the bottom of the table and continued to eat her lunch. Girls continued to pick on Maria, when I saw the scene, I felt like a total loser when I came there but seeing Maria being bullied by meanies, I just wanted to save her but because of people also trying to humiliate me. I left the scene.

Maria came home after school and went to her room crying, she locked the door shut. Her mother is banging on the door "Maria, Maria, what happened?".

Maria's father then told Maria's mother "Let her go, Maria needs some time. We will talk to her when she's okay. She needs space, I'm afraid we're not taking to school again tomorrow. Everyone in Kalilangan will humiliate Maria more".

Then Maria's father left with a brokenheart. Maria's mother felt the same way that she just left and ignored everything. Then Maria saw the video that she just threw her phone a couple times on the floor.

Maria wanted to die but she knew that life is precious and Maria didn't wanted to accept the fact that she was being bullied more and more juts because not only she is poor but also stealing my love.

The next day, Maria's mother visited her teacher, Maria's mother sat down on the chair with the teacher and explained "Maria is going through a hard time now because everyone we're telling her that she is poor and a golddigger towards Aaron. Because of those mean girls, they made my daughter Maria so heartbroken that she never eat dinner last night".

The teacher listened everything and told Maria's mother "I know what you felt, this school is not only for poor people but also for normal and rich people, you know, I always saw Maria being heartbroken as I always heard whispers everywhere."

Then Maria's mother added "That's the point, everytime she met the love of her life, they would just mock her like look at this video, they should leave them alone. They're like creeps and their families of the mean girls didn't even mind about it. I want justice for my daughter Maria because she is going to commit suicide".

The teacher heard everything and she apologized "I'm sorry about the inconvenience but after Filipino class, we will go to the principal together about this incident and announced it at afternoon about bullying of Maria".

Maria's mother agreed. Meanwhile Maria was washing the dishes alone while her father is working at the meat shop, when suddenly a villager came and asked Maria "Maria, where's your mother?".

Maria turned around and saw the villager and told her quietly "She's at the market. She will return. Why do you ask me though?".

The the villager told Maria "It's urgent that you're father just got vomited, they found out that he got an infection to the stomach. It's probably mosquitoes or something but you have to tell you're mother. It's an emergency".

Maria was shocked and called her mother "Mom, dad's at the hospital. He needed your help". Then Maria stayed home, her mother didn't came, then it's started raining. Maria was anxiously waiting and waiting and she was getting more and more worried.

She just stared at the window, and she is started thinking negative and asked herself "Is my father going to die?". That night, during a heavy rain, Maria's mother returned crying.

Maria came and asked her mother "Mom, where's dad?". Then she just cried and hold her own daughter and confessed ", You're dad is dead, he is vomiting blood. There's worms living in her stomach for months completely unnoticed. Now he's gone. The worms are stealing everything for you".

Then her mother continued to cry and Maria was heartbroken about it. After all those days of meeting with her father at the meat shop and telling everything that he encouraged about loved towards Maria and me.

Now it was the darkest days of her life. Maria had to work at the meat shop days later and she would always saw her father in a coffin until he was buried. Maria and her mother just cried during a rainy day. It was the worst day ever that someone lost their life because of an infection.

I never heard of Maria after her father's death. I would always worried if she already committed suicide or not yet. I asked my father that night "Dad, can I go to the mountains together we're Maria lived? She needs me".

My father turned to me is discuss "So you could marry her anytime and never come back?". I was confused "No dad, it wasn't like that".

Then he shouted at me "Aaron, I don't want you seeing that depressing peasent again. Don't you know that you already losing your own reputation and popularity. Now everyone knows about you dating Maria. Because of it, I will ground you. Now go to your room".

I was so sad about it that my parents didn't even had a kind heart, not even our maids and relatives. I would just stared at the window, thinking "Will I come back again for Maria? I never saw her at school anymore".

Thank you for reading Chapter 4, it means a lot to me(。♡‿♡。).