𝖕𝖗𝖔𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖚𝖊 ━━ born from death

♰.. ARSONIST'S LULLABY
━━ *ੈ✩‧₊ ❝ ( born from death ) ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

the prologue:

━ i'm just a woman ━

Pandora Lilith Parkinson was born from death, sucking in the life from her mother in her own body, giving her a possibility to live. Some would have called it a curse, but others a miracle. A baby being cut out of the lifeless body of their life giver, it haunted Pandora in between her dreams. 

Pandora wouldn't describe it in such words, she always wished she had the ability to get to know her mother. But with the reaction her father has had towards her over the years, she can gather how respected her mother had been.

She had no ability to speak up against her father, nor her brother, who had very heavy opinions on Pandora only. The pieces of words stuck in between her teeth, while her lip would bleed and fire would build up in her lungs. She knew that staying quiet was the best option, but she also knew it was no way to survive that way.

In the years of growing up, she had learned that she would never be good enough. At least not to her family.

Her older brother, Rowan Leander Parkinson, was the exact image Leander Parkinson. He was everything Leander imagined to be, wishing he would have been gifted two sons instead of one. But instead of getting so, he was gifted a daughter, who took away the love of his life, or s he had said so over the years.  

He had decided to give Pandora less choice. Teaching that because she was a woman, she was less. That she needed to obey to her duties, as a girl growing into a young woman, eventually being the perfect picture wife.

Her first few years at Hogwarts had been hard, her father who had eventually remarried, would watch over her like a hawk at home, but now she would have the freedom to do whatever. This had given Pandora a strange feeling, to see girls laugh loudly, and chat while eating at the same time. It was only those small thing that could make her feel off.

But with the friends she had eventually made, they had helped her see that those small things could actually make life extra fun. 

"Aren't you cold?"

Pandora Parkinson watched as Evan Rosier draped his own jacket over her shoulders. She wasn't even able to say yes or no to that question, he would've given it to her anyway. After her brother had announced that he and his wife were expecting, Pandora could feel the tension in the room.

She knew her father had more liking to it being a boy, but she also knew that you couldn't choose what the gender of you baby would be. If there was, Pandora knew she wouldn't have been a girl at this very moment. She was reminded of it almost every day and she could only imagine how much her sister in law would be reminded of it by Rowan Parkinson himself.

"You okay with me smoking this?" Evan held up a cigarette and lit it when Pandora nodded. She didn't have much to say, she obviously didn't like the fact that he smoked and Evan knew that as well. He had smoked a little less over the summer, but he knew with all the tension in the room just now, he really needed to let himself relax.

"You know how I feel about you smoking." Pandora let the words slip from her mouth, just before the cigarette met Evan's lips. She looked at him, as he leaned against the outside wall of the estate. He gave her a look, she smiled and raised her eyebrows at him, Evan threw the cigarette onto the pavement. 

"I'll pick it up later, I promise."

"You better." Pandora gave him a smile, but did mean her words unlike her teasing tone. She watched as he walked over to her closer, and leaned against the wall again. She sighed when she looked away, knowing that he directly looked at her after.

She wanted to talk about her concern for her sister in law, but even after all those years, Pandora still saw herself as less than Evan was, less than a man. Evan was raised by his mother differently than he was by his father, but still they had both taught him how to be respectful to women, but only of the pure blood kind that was.

"I feel like the summer is just going so slow this year." She muttered instead of expressing her worries, but did mean her words. While she enjoyed the summer, she spend most of it at home and was allowed to visit her friend on chosen times by her parents. "Sometimes I rather wish to be back at the castle, then at home."

Evan looked down at Pandora, who sat down on a chair in the garden of the estate. He could hear the faint sounds of his parents, as well as the other people in the estate chatting on. He grabbed a chair and leaned on the side of it, while still looking her way.

"You know, I could always ask my father if you could come by. They would love to have you over for dinner again." Pandora smiled as she placed her hand onto his own. Evan expression changed, he smiled as Pandora's smile reached her eyes. 

The two had known each other, forced to be friends in a sense, but turning out to be the best of them. Pandora could talk to Evan about anything, he loved listening to her, while Evan could go on about anything to Pandora as well. There were always some details left out, but the bigger part of the stories were always brought to light.

Evan was protective of Pandora, he wouldn't let his own friends speak a word bad of her, knowing how their words could get. Pandora's friends liked Evan enough for them to let him be in the friend group once in a while as well, they saw how he makes Pandora smile and that was all that mattered to them.

Pandora's friends had eventually started to tease how close the two had been, but it had also died down as quickly as it came to be.

But they also all knew how Pandora thought of dating, she didn't. She knew she would eventually be betrothed to someone chosen by her father, and even if she had no clue who it was just yet, she didn't want to fall in love with someone she wasn't going to be with forever. Her friends respected this, but also wished her way better.

"That would be nice."

Evan's parents were strict and Pandora knew all about it. They would treat him rightfully, but if he overstepped anything, what was a very thin line to cross, punishment would be the consequence of it. Besides those moments, Evan's parents truly loved Pandora and so Pandora did really mean it, she would love to spend a dinner at their lovely home.

"Should we head back inside?" Evan proposed the idea and Pandora nodded, handing him back his jacket, draping it from her shoulder into his grip. Her shoulders bare while her hair fell at the back of her dress, Pandora felt the cold hit her skin.

"Don't forget that." She pointed at the cigarette onto the pavement as Evan put the jacket on again. He let out a chuckle and carefully picked up the litter from the ground. "Are you happy now?"

"Very."

author here

i think in the description part of my character, i wrote how evan and pandora met later, but i love it way better if they have known each other since they were really little. so it has changed to that.

i hope this was an alright start the story, the rest of the characters will be written in from chapter one and so on!!

love, elise