𝖎𝖛. ━━━ turning a blind eye

♰.. ARSONIST'S LULLABY
━━ *ੈ✩‧₊ ❝ ( turning a blind eye ) ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

chapter four :

━ he had felt like he had overstepped
even if she told him different ━

To say that there had been some tension between Evan and Pandora since their conversation a few days ago, would be an understatement. It wasn't a bad sort of tension, just a slightly awkward one. Ever since Pandora had decided to think about what Evan had proposed in their conversation three days ago, she had tried to see him a little less to keep her mind at ease.

But that might have send Evan the wrong message, which led him to not talk to her either.

In the middle of the week, on Wednesday's and Thursday's Pandora would sit with Evan for breakfast, which had not been the case today. Today, Pandora had decided to sit with her friends at the Ravenclaw table, which seemed pretty unusual to the people she was with. They couldn't help but give her some looks, as she was staring into the distance.

"Do you know when Evan is going to reveal who is going to be on the Quidditch team?" Michael decided to be the one to speak up, as no one was doing so and the silence started to get to him. He spoke directly to Pandora, who didn't even look at Michael when he spoke, she had been to deep into her thoughts.

"Pandora?" Waving his hand in front of her gaze, Pandora blinked and looked at her friends, who were now all looking at her. Reilly's gaze softened and Lahana raised her eyebrows with a glimpse of a smile on her lips.

"Oh! What?. . um. ." Pandora looked puzzled, a slight flush of red onto her cheeks as she felt all their eyes looking her way. Michael let out a soft breathing chuckle. "I asked if you knew when Evan would be telling us who will be on the Quidditch team."

"I-I don't know." Pandora mumbled as she glanced at Evan, who sat with his head slightly down at the Slytherin table by himself. She quickly glanced back at Michael, who seemed to be slightly more stressed than before.

It had only been a few days, with Evan having a lot on his mind lately, it had taken a little longer to get the list out. Michael had been extra tensed lately, starting more fights with Lahana than usual, and acting out a little more as well. Pandora would have obviously told Michael if she had known, but because they had a little to no communication lately, she hadn't known anything about it at all.

Pandora thought that if she didn't bother her friends by saying what had been going on in her mind, that they wouldn't even see something had been slightly troubling her. But it had been completely obvious to them all, that something was off about Pandora.

The one who had noticed first, had been Lahana. Who might as well also had been the one most worried about Pandora, even if she wouldn't show it that much. 

Pandora was a soft, gentle and bubbly girl who would've been talking about her free time in the weekend about now during their breakfast, talking about the books she wanted to finish and the time she wanted to spend with all of them. But instead, Pandora sat with them at the Ravenclaw table, not even speaking a word at all. Which led the table to be in complete silence.