What did you do?

"There you go, just keep your eyes closed. I won't let you fall." Colt was holding onto Kite's arms as the two walked across a log above a flowing river. "Are you sure?" "Promise. This will help your balance" Kite trusted his dad and continued walking with his arms spread out. As soon as he felt the edge of the tree log he opened his eyes, he had made it across. He smiled and jumped down, Colt following behind. "Great job!"

"I'll regain my full abilities and more soon, I can feel it." Kite smiled, Colt perked up at a slight noise, "What's wrong?"

Colt stretched and stood up, "Stay here, I heard a noise and I'm going to check it out." Kite frowned but nodded. He watched as Colt walked into the forest, out of view. Kite sat on the ground and started drawing in the dirt.

After around what Kite thought to be about eight minutes he knew something was wrong. Though Colt wouldn't lose to just anything. Kite stood up and walked in the direction that Colt had been heading.

Blood

Kite froze, he smelt it. He smelt blood. Kite looked around and saw blood on the ground, Colt wouldn't have killed an animal and made it suffer like this. Kite followed the trail of blood, only to hear voices in the distance. He quickly hid behind a tree and listened in. Making sure to conceal his presence.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?"

"Dude we're going to be rich! If we bring a Chimera ant back to the association we'll finally be respected"

"Chimera Ants were listed as a threat to humanity at one point, but this one didn't even fight back. It just took it"

"It's an idiot, we should've just let it bleed out"

Kite turned the tree corner to see something that made his blood boil, a group of maybe seven people, all hunters he assumed were standing around something. Someone.

Colt was lying on the ground, covered in bruises and blood. His eyes were struggling to stay open, he could tell his wings were damaged. He wouldn't be able to fly far.

"Where's the rest of you stragglers? Huh ant?" A tall muscular man who looked around his thirties kicked Colt in the gut, causing him to cough up blood.

"You bastards...you took them all already, your kind came here last week and slaughtered the remaining of us. I'm the last." Colt glared at all the members.

'He's lying' Kite realized, no hunters came here and the rest of the ants are all under the hunter association's watch. The Chimera ants are now listed as magical creatures, you can't hunt them. 'He's lying to protect me'

"Ha! Great, I told you we should have left earlier, now we're stuck with a runner." The man picked up Kite by the scruff of his neck, he couldn't take this anymore, he put his tail under his shirt and rounded the corner.

"E-excuse me" Kite said, he is supposed to be a little girl after all, these hunters seemed stupid enough to believe he was simply a young girl.

"Huh? What's a kid doing out here? Are you lost?" A woman walked up to Kite and kneeled on the ground. "I'm Aria you can trust us"

Kite pretended like he was going to cry, "T-that beast attacked me earlier..can I...say something to it?"

Aria looked at Colt and nodded, "How could you attack a defenseless girl." Kite walked up the man holding Colt, Colt himself was trying to signal Kite to leave, that much was obvious. But he wouldn't listen to that.

"You...." Kite began. "Killed my family" Colt understood what was happening the moment those words left his mouth. "They were delicious."

Kite pretended to round up a punch, listening to the hunters laugh at Colt, he pulled his fist back and punched the man holding Colt in the gut, he sent him flying straight into a tree. "DAD RUN" Kite screamed, he ran around to each member, attempting to distract them from his father flying away to who knows where.