A Father's Rage

Colt was having a good afternoon, Kite went off with Gon, Killua, and Alluka to train he believes. Colt thinks it was fine, Kite was a professional hunter at one point, close to one of the best in fact. He just needed to practice to get back to full strength and adapt to his new body. So Colt has nothing to worry about, but he always had the urge to protect him. He promised the queen. He promised Reina.

He was in the middle of bringing some firewood inside when he heard a knock at the door. He placed the logs outside the door and went inside to the front door. He opened it to reveal Kite, Killua, Gon and Alluka. Alluka was crying while the other three were scratched and bleeding.

"Hey dad, also before you freak out. We're fine, Alluka ran into a fox bear nest and Gon and Killua went to save her I had to drag them out. The fox bears are completely ok,"

Colt took one look at the two boys and they immediately shriveled. "We're sorry..." Gon apologized, "Yeah what he said'' Killua pointed toward his green haired friend.

"Alluka, are you ok?" Colt asked the young girl, who nodded. Thankfully she looked unscathed.

"Hey, what about us!" Killua yelled, which got him and Gon a smack on the head. "Idiots, Kite, Alluka come inside, Gon and Killua both go sit on the couch."

~

After a while the four were all bandaged up and recovered. They all sat outside on the grass to stargaze. "Anyone want lemonade?" Colt asked

"Me please!" Gon raised his hand, "Me too!" Alluka copied the action. "That'd be nice" Killua smiled, "I'd like some" Kite said

"We have normal, strawberry, blueberry, raspberry and pink, what'd you guys like?"

Gon ended up saying raspberry, Killua said strawberry, Alluka and Kite both wanted blueberry. So Colt got up and walked inside to grab the kids some lemonade. Leaving the four unattended, "Hey Kite?" Gon looked over to the chimera ant. "Hm?" "Does Colt ever get mad? Like how he did with me and Killua for getting you two injured"

"Well, he never gets mad with me, he's a patient guy. That wasn't him being mad at you two, just protective. He's taken a liking to Alluka too." Kite smirked, "dang favoritism" "I heard that Killua" Kite laughed.

"There were a few times he's gotten mad, to be honest it was sort of terrifying."

"How's so?" Gon asked, "Think of seeing a nice guy you know switch up in a second to pure rage." Kite explained.

"Me and him were out on an assignment given by the association alongside I think three different hunters. A manipulator, enhancer and the other was another enhancer. We were I think getting rid of some infiltrators into the nature reserve, the manipulator kept looking at me and making me uncomfortable, everyone else noticed it too and told him off. Benefits of being a child, once the job was finished and we had captured all the intruders he came up to me laughing and smacked my ass saying all kind of idiotic pervert things like 'I deserve a reward'" Kite rolled his eyes, "Dad lost it, it was obvious the other hunters were going to tell him to stop but dad got there first and punched him straight in the face sending him flying through a wall. His aura was pure rage, not as bad as a royal guard, maybe like a third or half that."

"Woah, remind me not to get on his bad side" Killua said,

"Your dad sounds awesome Kite!" Gon smiled, Alluka nodded.

Kite smiled fondly, "He really is"

"I'm back" Colt opened the door holding four glasses of lemonade, he walked up to the kids and handed them each their desired drink. As they thanked him they looked up to the stars.

"Hey Colt?" Gon began, Colt turned his attention to the green haired boy, "Yes?"

"Thank you," Colt raised an eyebrow, "For what?"

Gon looked up to the sky, "For treating us like family, none of us really had a good father, but you treat us all as one of your own. So thank you."

Colt smiled, "Of course, you all are welcomed here anytime" "Just don't make me drag you out of trouble" Kite rolled his eyes

"It was one time!" Killua yelled, Kite raised an eyebrow and motioned to himself.

"Fair point"