Chapter five: In my head I do everything right

✧︎

✧︎

WHEN Y/N WALKED away her heart was in the pit of her stomach. She didn't know if she should have leaned into this feeling or dismiss it. She wasn't the type of person that let stuff get to her. But this did.

Of course it did.

And as she thought about it more, she realized, did she even have the right to be upset. To feel this way about the news she received? No, no she did not. She has been lying to Miles for a year, she's been lying to everyone.

She didn't have the right but the facts cut deep. She knew deep down, that Miles was bound for great things so why wouldn't he want to leave and grow outside of Brooklyn?

No, it was the fact that she was finding out just now, she found out because someone accidentally called it out. Not on his terms. He didn't even tell her and he had been thinking about this for at least a year...

She didn't have the right but that doesn't mean it wasn't hurting her.

Y/n walked down the stairs and into the Morales house, she turned the corner and opened Miles's bedroom door. The girl stood in the doorway with an uneasy feeling in her chest. She took a breath and looked around the room before closing the door and stepping inside.

Part of her hoped he would follow after her, that he would burst through that door and demand that they talk about this. But he didn't.

He wasn't coming.

He wasn't coming because he was with Gwen. His friend, your friend. There it was, that feeling again but this time she didn't fight it. This time she let it wash over her, she let herself drown in it. Miles would be leaving you, Miles would be moving on to bigger and greater things.

She was happy for him, of course, she was happy.

But...

In the middle of her overthinking, the door opened, and in came Miles. His eyes held excitement but then she watched as that dimmed when his eyes landed on her. The girl that was sitting on the far corner of his bed, back against the wall with her knees to her chest.

Her head snapped up at his intrusion of her self wallow and she flexed her brows, confused. "What are you doing here...?" She whispered out.

Miles took a step into his room with labored breaths, the boy had his coat off and his shirt halfway off his body until he saw you. He swallowed the lump in the back of his throat before speaking.

"Hey, I thought you left..." Miles said softly. He didn't know how to approach you at that moment. He could tell you were upset, he just couldn't tell if it was about what Gwen said or if it was targeted towards him.