Entry #3: Searching

This time, we slept under a bridge. There were a few sticks and dry leaves loitering around so we made a fire using it.
It emitted a warm sort of glow and made me feel at ease.

I glanced at Alastor as he was busily writing something in his notebook. He also appeared relaxed.

How come he isn't scared of me?
He knew I was infected from the very beginning, why is he so laid back?

I looked back to the fire when I saw him move his face to my direction.

"Is there something the matter? You have been staring at me for quite a while."

Oh shit

Oh shit. He knew.

Nothing. I'm just a bit curious..

"Of what?"

Your reasoning for letting me join you. How could you trust me?

He smiled at me.
His hair was a bit unruly not like his usual tidy self. Now I've also become aware that he wasn't wearing his glasses anymore.

"I could ask you the same thing my effeminate fellow. I'm sure you know you could leave whenever you want."

But I also don't have a reason to

"Then I guess we would be in the company of each other for a while"

I don't know why but those words made  feel contented.

I closed my eyes and let the dark envelop me again.

When I opened them. Alastor was already packing our things. The fire from the night before had also gone out.

We resumed our walk in the city.
I was keeping look out for the walking and grumbling undead.

The zombies had spread throughout, making it impossible to not face them head on

I took a peek at my hand, some black matter has yet again covered the bandages. It can't be helped though. However, I might as well look for a medicine kit while we're here.