003 The Inhalers

CHAPTER THREE . The Inhalers

     "She hates me

"She hates me.", October stated, pacing around her room whilst Kennedy and Lola watched from her bed giving each other looks of concern. Kennedy with a frown because she felt bad for October and Lola with wide eyes because she felt bad for herself - she really didn't know how to deal with serious issues.

The phrase 'she hates me' was repeating over and over and over in October's head like a record stuck on repeat, except she couldn't remove the needle to stop the constant noise. If it was a vinyl then the painful loop would be easy to stop, though she was glad that her record wasn't scratched because it was one of her favourites.

She picked to play Hozier because she thought that the sound of his voice would be enough to calm her down - it wasn't. Her worries overshadowed the music, she forgot that it was even on, to be honest, and that was an impressive task because she always paid attention to Hozier. If he was playing then she'd ignore everything else around her but today she had other things to focus on.

Other things like Maeve being mad at her.

She could handle her sister being mad at her, they argued all of the time anyway, which had been happening much more than usual. Maisie had gotten even more delusional and neither October and her mother recognised her. She complained when she wasn't allowed the stay out until ridiculous hours, that she didn't get enough money (despite her mum giving it to her whenever she asked, she said it wasn't as much as the other girls she hung out with got) and had been getting a significant amount of detentions.

October wasn't exactly advising her in the best way. She had a habit of judgement rather than being helpful. The way she should try and help her sister return to the girl she actually liked was by showing her, and gently explaining, how much she had changed. She didn't do that, she just shouted and called Maisie selfish. Even then they would make up the next day - not become best friends but a silent agreement that they shouldn't shout at each other.

Even with her mum, she knew that it would be easily ended over tea and a movie. However, she never argued with her friends - like ever. They agreed on everything and when they did have arguments it was over what to watch that night, not anything that actually affected them emotionally . . . well, October was still slightly bitter that they wouldn't watch 'Suspiria' with her saying it seemed 'scary and confusing' but that was beside the point.

The point being that this never happened so it was especially stressful, so stressful that not even her usual cure of music was fixing it.

"Maeve doesn't hate anyone. Like seriously, Tom cheated on her and she still defends him.", Kennedy said matter of factly, "You know that she feels guilty about being mad at people."