007 Wishful Thinking

CHAPTER SEVEN . Wishful Thinking

     School and work took up most of October's time

School and work took up most of October's time. Usually, her friends would come over and hang out after school: sweets to be eaten, gossip to be had and movies to be watched. On the occasion that she wasn't working on the weekend, they'd go out drinking. Thankfully after a discussion with her boss had been far less frequent (who knew that if you asked for something there's a chance you'd actually receive it? - this was great news for October). The discussion being via text. She was far too scared to ask him to his face.

It depended on what mood they were in if they wanted to stay in or go out. October was happy to do either - she cared much more about who she was with than where she was with them at. She was a hyper drunk, laughing at everything and anything - she loved it. She didn't even get hangovers, or at least not bad ones, Maeve was very envious.

There were many things that October could use her day off to do. Sometimes she just wanted to spend it sleeping, not leaving her bedroom. However, she decided to take advantage of the free Saturday to take Elijah up on his offer to listen to him and the other's practice. She had an obsessive personality - when something piqued her interest she'd fixate on it. She had phases of constant painting, reading, and watching tv shows. Whatever it was she'd be thinking about it nonstop.

Right now it was Elijah Hewson . . . she hated it. She wondered if she ever crossed his mind as he did hers - if he ever thought of her too.

She doubted it, it was simply wishful thinking.

Before Kennedy arrived at hers (so they could walk together) October knocked on her sister's door. Maisie was far better at the whole 'being a girl' thing and October wanted to ask her for makeup tips. Maisie jumped at the opportunity to do her makeup for her. She was very clear that she didn't want too much, nothing that would make it obvious that she had tried too hard. Just a subtle hint that enhanced her features - at least that's how Maisie described it when explaining what she was going to do. She was sat at her vanity whilst Maisie was tapping concealer under her eyes. Taylor Swift playing from Maisie's speaker - it was the only music they could both agree on.

She had been giving her tips as she went, so October could do it on her own next time if she wanted. Then after explaining eyebrow gel to her Maisie asked innocently, "What's with the sudden interest in makeup anyway? I've been begging you for ages to let me do makeup on you and you always say no." She observed her progress before leaning back in to blend something into her skin.

October, who was trying her best not to move so it made it easier, shrugged, "Do I need a reason?"

"It's just that you've never been interested in it before.", Maisie replied turning to grab an eyelash curler she held it out to to October along with a mirror, "It's easier if you do it, here I'll show you.", she said noticing October's concern. October watched as she put the contraption against her eye, it looked terrifying.