Chapter IX - One Less Stain

A/N - Finally, I have reached the chapter for which I actually started to write this fanfic. A huge warning, this chapter, to speak frankly, is fucked up, not the level of Checkmate fucked up, but the topic of death is the main theme at the end. If you cannot stomach it, please do not read, and just drop the fanfic in general, because it will only get worse from now on.

Once again, I found myself fighting against the scorching heat of the impending summer in the confined and isolated hallway, eagerly awaiting the appearance of Ishizaki, Komiya, and Kondo. While I never allowed myself to entertain the notion that these three were the culprits behind the attempted sabotage of Class D, or the masterminds orchestrating it, delving too deeply into Class C's affairs did not align with my current plans, therefore I never searched for the true culprit - they would show themselves today, in due time.

My primary goal remained focused on establishing unwavering authority over my own classroom. Even as their reliance on me increased, with control slipping from Hirata's and Karuizawa's hands, I recognized the necessity of showcasing my capabilities to them. The sudden stroke of luck, brought about by Sudo's incompetence, presented an opportunity I simply could not afford to miss.

Furthermore, I hesitated to expedite Sudo's expulsion, given that I had only just begun to nurture and guide him, recognizing the untapped potential hidden beneath his anger and troubled past. Nonetheless, tomorrow would serve as a stark reminder of the real consequences arising from his reckless actions.

While the expulsion of Kushida and Yamauchi functioned as wake-up calls for my classmates, the latter's removal specifically targeted Sudo, Hondo, and Ike. It stood as both a threat and a warning, illustrating how easily and mercilessly the school could discard them, treating them as nothing more than trash.

Unless they wished to meet a similar fate, they had to rise above their current defective and useless status, striving to prove themselves capable and worthy of being integral members of the class.

Perched by the window, I thought about my dwindling points with a calm demeanor. The fake cameras had played their part in bankrupting me further, but I showed little reaction, my face betraying no signs of distress or frustration, in fact, I could not force myself to feel anything about my situation as much as I wished.

The thought of using less-than-legal means to gain points crossed my mind briefly, but I brushed it aside. What would even be the point of endangering my position at this school for some measly points? The allure of obtaining a higher score didn't sway me when weighed against the potential consequences. I valued my place at this institution more than any temporary financial gain.

Throughout my life, I had grown accustomed to having nothing, possessing no personal belongings or the luxury of freedom. Now, I had finally found a sense of comfort in the simplicity of my existence. The idea of staying at this school, even without financial means, held a strong appeal. If it proved to be a sanctuary for me during the next three years, then it was enough for me.

Currently, replenishing the points was not my foremost concern. My objective lay in dismantling my class as much as possible, fostering an atmosphere of despondency and hopelessness that would make them pliable to my manipulation.

Enduring months of free meals and accumulating zero points would eventually lead them to confront their folly and the harsh realities they faced. The expulsions of two students would only add to their fear and desperation, emotions that could be exploited to my advantage.

As for reaching class A, I had little genuine interest in it. The supposed benefits it offered held no tangible appeal. Even if those benefits were alluring for most, my unwavering confidence in my skills assured me that I could secure any desired job with ease, given the opportunity. At this moment, my sights remained fixed on a different prize—the complete annihilation of class C.