thirty six

❤︎

CHAPTER THIRTY SIX : "j"

— doah pov.
- 1st person.

my eyes flutter open and my body starts to ache already. i slowly sit up with no recollection of yesterday's events. looking around me, i notice everybody sprawled onto the floor.

the first person i make eye contact with is hanbin, who was the only person awake by the looks of it. "my head is pounding, oh my god. " hanbin complains.

i chuckle dryly. "why the fuck are we all on the floor?"

he sighs and rubs his face with his hands. "all i remember is that i was trying to push jungmin and sunwoo's mum out of the house and then i fell asleep."

i frown. "that is so weird.. i don't remember anything."

hanbin shrugs. "should we wake them up?" he says, making me look at the many sleeping bodies on the floor.

i shake my head, "leave them. we should probably make them some breakfast or whatever people need for a hangover."

hanbin nods and slowly gets up from the floor as i follow his actions. "breakfast for sixteen people." he groans.

i chuckle and quickly stretch as hanbin sets out whatever he's doing. "what are we making them?"

he sighs. "just make anything, honestly. good food can help a bad hangover."

i nod. "okay, i'll make some eggs or something."

hanbin hums and already looks stuck, "fuck sake i don't know what to cook."

i laugh at him. "you really don't know? doesn't your mum own a cafe?"

he sighs. "bold of you to think i was cooking. i served someone cold toast once."

i try keep myself from laughing out loud. "oh my god that's hilarious."

he rolls his eyes and turns around to get oil, "it was horrible. but i really don't know if we can cook for this many people."

i look at him, still trying to stifle a laugh. "are you hungover or something?" i don't even know why i asked, it was clear he was.

"do you guys need help?" we both look up and my brother with a really tired face was in front of us.

"yes please." we say in sync.

he nods and quickly yawns before walking towards us, "i'll cook. my hangover isn't as bad today but hanbin, you look concerning."

hanbin jokingly scoffs, "thanks." he walks to the sofa and lays down where hao was laying. "how come the birthday boy was the only one able to sleep peacefully on a sofa?" he laughs.

"no problem~" he sings in an annoying tone. "and i don't know, privileges i guess."

"hyuck do you remember anything from yesterday?" i ask him.

"i was hammered, so not at all. weren't you the most sober? how don't you remember anything?"

i shrug, watching him take all of the random ingredients out. "i actually only remember everything until when we opened chenle's weird present—" i pause. "oh my god jungmin."