twenty nine

❤︎

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE : "i'm the mastermind behind it all!"

— doah pov.
- 1st person.

after that LOVELY session downstairs, taerae and i decided to hang out in my room for a bit. the really unfortunate thing is that i have a single bed. it was still probably big enough for us two but i wasn't going to sit right close to him anyway.

i let him sit on my bed as i sat next to him but on my desk chair. it was kind of embarrassing but he didn't seem like he minded at all so thank god for that. i just wanted to make sure he was comfortable.

"i'm still surprised you did that." taerae laughs, mentioning how i kissed him earlier. "never thought i'd ever see lee doah making a move."

i groan in annoyance. "oh my god shut up about that." i cover my face with my hands.

"it was kind of attractive though." he says, "considering you've never kissed anyone you're pretty good." he giggles.

i hit his shoulder. "taerae shut up i swear to god."

he shakes his head. "come on, just admit you liked it. you seemed to like it anyway."

"i did fucking like it but you need to shut up it's embarrassing." i scold him. i was still shocked myself that i did that too. but at least i made a move which i was LONGING to do.

he smiles, reaching for my hand. "you're so cute."

i look away again. "okay." i'm trying my best not to show him how much the littlest things he says makes me want to jump off a bridge. (into his arms xx)

i awkwardly cough and take my phone out to start playing some music to stop the silence that was in the background of our conversations.

good intentions by rini was playing and it was my favourite song ever. i smile in satisfaction and put my phone back down and i look back at him. oh the tension was so good to be honest.

"so, doah. i have an important question." he says, keeping our hands intertwined.

"what is it?" i ask, finally getting my confidence back as i look back at him in his eyes.

"you know the dare that happened that made you send me that pickup line?" he asks.

i nod, "oh god. yeah i do. don't even." why would he bring the most embarrassing part of my life into this. it was a LOW part in my first year of uni!!

he smiles, "can you tell me the pickup line again? i forgot it."

i frown at him, "you forgot? you mentioned it like last week." i look at him in confusion. there's no way he forgot it. i mean so did i, but i didn't expect him to because he always teases me about it.

"i know but the i forgot the whole pickup line. can you repeat it again?" he asks, holding my hand tighter for some reason. i can't tell if he's lying not??

"um, okay." i sigh, trying to remember the pickup line that caused it all. i scrape my finger against the wood of my chair as i try to fully remember what it was. it wasn't that hard though.