~CHPTR 18 feelings~

Monday came quicker than expected, Sam had given you your itinerary for the day. Interview with Greenville Daily Mail, Contract signing with Green Co. (The deal finally went through after intense convincing) and lunch with Onceler. You were fairly excited to be busy again, you always found work to a great distraction from other worries.

You got ready, and made it into the office, meeting with Sam for updates. He told you that Greenville Daily Mail were waiting for you at their office on the other side of town. A chauffeur took you there and you met with the interviewer.

"Finally, what made you start your business Miss L/N?"

You thought about the question for a bit, debating on what you would say.

"Well, I come from humble beginnings. We were always waiting to be turfed out of wherever we were staying. When I found the key ingredient for my perfume, I vowed to never let myself get that poor. Ever. So I built my empire and haven't looked back since" You took a deep breath, it was a half truth, but you made it seem more emotional so that you could 'capture the hearts of the public'.

"Admirable, Miss L/N. Thankyou for joining us this morning!"

"Thankyou". You left the Daily Mail after shaking a few hands and were driven back to the office. Now was the Green Co. contract. You had been waiting for this moment for a while, since convincing them took some effort.

"Afternoon Miss L/N, let's get straight to it shall we?" The main operator of Green Co.  shook your hand as you both sat down.

Sam gave you the contracts to look over, which you didn't need to do as you had looked over them yourself too many times to count. As you signed the bottom, you smiled at the thought of the entirety of the truffula forest being all yours.

"And Mr Oncelers signature is also needed" The man said.

"Sorry?" You'd forgotten about the agreement.

"Since you recently agreed to a portion of the forest to be in his company's name, his signature is also needed. With that , Onceler walked through the doors, he seemed somewhat distant.

"Sign here sir" Onceler signed it immediately, dropping the pen onto the table once he had finished.

You all shook hands , promising frequent contact in the near future. As Green Co. representatives departed, you walked over to Onceler.

"All done now, let's go for lunch" You said , he was completely zoned out.

"Huh? oh yeah" He started towards the doors, holding it open for you.

----

"What's up with you?" You enquired. He was stabbing at the pasta he had ordered.

"Uhm nothing" He stared into your eyes, concern lingering over you.

"Okayy" You'd never seen him like this, it was concerning.

Little did you know, Onceler was battling inner demons regarding his recent ventures. Lunch was truly the last thing on his mind.