I: Scarlet Cross

It was night. Classical music was playing, as Scarlet, was reading a book in her bedroom.

She was sitting comfortably on her bed with dark-red covers, in her beautiful silk, dark red night gown. It's what she enjoys doing by herself, when noone is around. The music helps her to focus, as it calms down her mind when it is lingering with many, non-stopping thoughts.

"Ting-Ting". She looks over to her right shoulder, and sees her phone going off on the counter. It's Alana. She answers the call.

"Hey, How is it going?" She asks Alana in a tired voice as she's slightly annoyed since her reading was interrupted by Alana's call. Although she hides it since Alana is one of her closest friends.

"Hey. I know it's getting late, but i'm just checking up on you. How are you since the last night? I know it must've been traumatizing for you," Alana says in a concerned voice, since she cares about Scarlet a lot.

Scarlet sighs as she replies, while rubbing her neck. "Really, I'm fine. It was nothing-though i'm going to be questioned tomorrow... I'm a little nervous, i mean, the police won't do anything to me, right?"

"No, don't worry. You're going to be fine. As much as i know, you've have had much childhood trauma. You're in need of a psychiatrist."

Scarlet shakes her head while replying to Alana as she keeps rubbing her neck. "No, Alana. I told you I'm fine. I don't need a psychiatrist, you know how uncomfortable i feel near them. Quite literally, i can't stand them." She finished the last sentence with a sigh.

Alana sighs aswell. So she says "Trust me. You'll be fine, I know a good psychiatrist. We can meet him together and you will see that he is not a scary person."

Scarlet closes her eyes as she stays quiet for a few seconds. She knows that she can trust Alana, though... She doesn't really trust anyone. She took a few deep breaths, as she contemplated on what to reply back to Alana with. Finally, as the few seconds passed, she opened her eyes.

"Alright.. Fine, sure, let's meet him. If it eases your worries, Alana." She replied in a little irritated voice.

She really, does not like psychiatrists, therapists, technically anyone working in the psychology field. They make her very uncomfortable, since she knows that they are very good readers of body language, and practically knows every meaning of a sentence. She is like a see-through glass, vulnerable. It feels to her like she is out on the stage, The curtains are open, unable to close up again. Although she does not like them at all, she is very hooked on psychology as well as philosophy.

"Thank you, Scarlet. I'm glad you're choosing the path of healing. And-you will be fine at the police station. Please do call me after the visit, and tell me how it went. Then, perhaps if we can, we'll meet the psychiatrist." Alana replies to Scarlet in a calm, yet concerned voice.

Scarlet sighs, and nods understandingly, although Alana can't see her. "I guess then...We'll see then?"

Scarlet pauses to think and then continues. "I'm actually quite tired now, since it is 11PM. But I will definitely tell you about the interview. Anyway.. I hope it is alright with you if i went to bed. Good night, Alana." Scarlet tells Alana, as she actually does want to rest and enjoy her time alone.

"See you tomorrow. And take care." Alana replied and finally hung up.

"Scarlet placed her phone on the counter next to her bed, and then just sat there for a minute, doing absolutely nothing.

She just sat there, as the thought to herself. She can't quite literally believe that she has to go to the police station, be questioned and then meet up with her new psychiatrist with Alana.