VII: Who are you?

A few days later

''Hello Scarlet Cross. It is great to see you,'' the investigator said to Scarlet and turned his head towards Hannibal Lecter to continue, ''and you as well.''

Hannibal smiled warmly and replied with, ''Of course. It is a pleasure to see you again. What is this murder case about then, Harold?''

''Well, before we get to that part, I advise both of you to sit down,'' Mr. Grey gestured for Scarlet and Hannibal to sit across the table from him.

The room was exactly the same as Scarlet remembered, when she came to be questioned the last time. Except, she is slightly confused, as she didn't expect to be questioned with Hannibal Lecter. Her own, very own psychiatrist, who she's attracted to. 

''Just great. Now I have to sit next to him, on this damn steel chair, as we're going to inspect the murder scene's photos. I do wonder how and why he was invited as well as to be questioned with me. Maybe he was questioned the last time like me? Perhaps... That's possible,''  Scarlet thought to herself as she sat down next to Hannibal Lecter, while eyeing the pictures laid on the table in front of them.

''So, I'm suspecting the murder occurred about a week ago. And, to mention, it wasn't pleasant at all to take the corpse down from the steel wires,'' he said with a disgusted face as he looked at the photos down on the table.

Hannibal's and Scarlet's expressions remained the same, as it appeared to Harold, these gruesome photos didn't have any effect upon them.

After a quarter of an hour, Scarlet turned to look at Harold and said, ''I see. Well, I do have a question to ask. Why was Hannibal invited to be questioned with me at the same time? And in the same room?'' 

''Because Hannibal was one of the questionnaires in the past on another murder scene. Similarly to you, his observations of the crime scene were extremely accurate and well done. So, our team thought, both of you would make a great team in observing this recently identified crime scene. As it seems quite similar to the past ones, and the one you had come across, Scarlet,'' Harold said, explaining throughly why they were both called in this very room.

''Alright, understandable,'' she replied to Harold as she let out a sigh.

Clearly, she didn't want to be there. For some unknown reason, she felt discomfort. Though she was quite excited that they had asked her help once again, and she was sitting next to Hannibal. Something sparked up in her chest, her stomach. She felt excitedly nervous.

With a nod, Hannibal looked closer to the pictures laying on the grey, steel table. Under his expressionless face, was a hidden smirk. This murder, was his after all. He was proud of his artwork.

''This murder scene looks terrifying. Poor guy... I am sure we can help his soul by seeking justice. He didn't deserve it at all.'' Hannibal said, expressing his sincere sympathy.

Except, within himself, he wasn't being sincere at all. He was disgusted of Marcos, and so he knows, Marcos deserved to be saved. He had saved Marcos from his pitiful life, and had turned him into an angel. A beautiful one, naked in flesh. 

The investigator looked at Hannibal as he expressed his sympathy as well. And so did Scarlet. 

After some bits of talking, both of them started inspecting the pictures.

After inspecting the photos of the crime scene, Scarlet let a word in, ''This crime scene's language, so to speak, feels similar to the last one I had come across... Except, this time, the victim needed some saving. Apparently, from my observations, the serial killer tried to save the victim, from his own life,'' she commented with a calm voice.