Chapter Twenty-Seven: Coronation

The eyes were Wilbur's friends—the shadows, his servants.

They told him everything. That way, he kept a very tight control amongst the castle.

"Traitor!" he called to a servant during dinner with the royal family, startling them all. "Traitor!"

"Wilbur!" Timothy called, "What———wrong?" he hollered as Quackity and Ranboo quickly approached the prince.

"What is wrong———you?" Phil's voice shouted from surprise and anger. "Calm down this instant!"

"Listen to your———You are a———!"

"Wilbur!" Quackity's voice called, the only things Wilbur could hear other than the blood rushing through his ears. "Wilbur, listen to me!" he ordered as he grabbed Wilbur's hands, forcing the prince to look at him.

He was forced to look away from the eyes, the words on the wall warning him. DANGER! EVIL SERVANT! EVIL! EVIL! EVIL! DANGER!

BLOOD!

"Wilbur, what is it?"

"She's a traitor to the royal crown! She's evil!"

"Where did you come up with that ridiculous idea?" Technoblade spoke in his monotone voice. The servant beside him was wide–eyed, shaking and pleading.

You caught her.

Let blood spill!

You caught her! Let blood spill!

You caught her! Let blood spill! You caught her! Let blood spill! You caught her! Let blood spill! You caught her! Let blood ———! ———caught her! Let———spill! You caught———! ———blood spill!

FREE THE BLOOD!

"They told me! They told me! She's not to be trusted—she's a traitor!"

"No, please! I'm not! You must've got me mistaken, Your Ma—Majesty! Please, think about this! I—I will do anything to prove you wrong! Please just let me!" she cried, but to avail.

Quackity gave the order for her to be taken away.

She was executed alongside Dream and George themselves.

Wilbur smiled softly as the blood raced to cover the rich flooring, allowing his faithful guard to use a single arm to embrace him from behind despite the blood that stains his being.

———•

"Where is my dear guard?"

"Oh!" Ranboo startled, seemingly suddenly nervous. "He—He went to . . . plan on how to catch the traitors!"

Wilbur rose a brow, but jumped in satisfaction. His guard had been disappearing recently, leaving dozens of guards hiding in the shadows beyond his wake. Each and every time, Ranboo seemed much more on edge than his new confident self, and then each lie just nearly caused him a nervous breakdown.

Wilbur has to admit, Ranboo's lies are good. He trusts Quackity, and knows Ranboo shall never betray him.

So now he was just left to ponder what they were planning.

It oh so made him giddy, with the whispers in the air. "Quackity, Quackity!"

Though, the words on the wall seemed much more focused on Wilbur's one life goal: the CROWN.