𝟎𝟐

"Momma!" Ja'kori yelled again as he placed his hand on top of his head his scalp felt like it was on fire with the way Justice was combing it out.

"Ja'kori you are too old to be walking around with this bird's nest on your head," Justice said to her teenage son as she put some more of the curling cream she was using throughout the section she was currently working on.

"Move your hand Boo 'cause I'm almost done and you over here doing the uttermost. I'm not even combing that hard." Justice chuckled to herself as she twisted the last handful of twists she had left in the section she was working on before moving on to her last section.

"Momma this is torture," Ja'kori complained as Justice turned his chair to the right so she could hurry up and finish.

"What's torture is seeing my beautiful baby boy walk around like don't nobody care about him, that's torture Boo."

"I don't get the big deal at the end of the day it's just hair." Ja'kori shrugged to himself.

Justice let out a loud gasp as she removed her hands from Ja'kori's scalp.

Ja'kori looked up when he felt the movement in his head come to an abrupt stop.

"Ja'kori Asaiah Lloyd I know you did not just say what I think you just said." Justice spoke in shock at the words that had just left her son's mouth.

"Momma- Ja'kori I'm being so for real right now."

Justice ran her fingers through Ja'kori's hair.

"This is not just hair Ja'kori...this is your crown and I know that sounds silly but it's true. Your crown is a part of you and you don't want anybody to catch you with your crown tilted, take care of your crown, love your crown, and cherish your crown because when you're 50 and bald I don't want to hear anything."

Ja'kori laughed. "Ok, ok I get it."

"Do you though?"

"I do momma."

"I don't wanna ever hear you call your crown "JuSt hAiR" again," Justice said mocking his previous statement.

Ja'kori nodded. "It won't happen again, captain."

"Ja'kori shut up." Justice laughed waving him off.

Ja'kori loved getting his hair done by his mom even if it did hurt here and there he loved it. He loved the conversations they had, the advice she gave him, and the jokes they cracked, he loved having one-on-one time with his parents, he loved both of them unconditionally but when it came down to his mom he would go to war for her.

_

"Do y'all believe that there are strawberry cows somewhere out there?" Kalia asked as she read the nutrition label on the back of her strawberry milk bottle.

"Yeah, you gotta be high," Ja'kori spoke as he grabbed a strawberry off of Kalia's tray and ate it.

Cadence tapped Ja'kori's shoulder before whispering in his ear "She calls herself being woke ever since she watched that new alien documentary."

"First off, I'm not high and secondly keep your grimy ass hands off of my food Ja'kori. Last but not least don't be over there whispering shit Cadence."

Cadence rolled his eyes at his sister.

"Ain't no telling what kind of freaky stuff you and Tatianna be doing," Kalia added while mugging both boys.