Part 2

Later that day...

In the lavatory, you inspected your appearance for a moment. You were wearing an embroidered peasant blouse paired with a plain cardigan, a dark coloured skirt and a set of comfortable shoes. Your hair was pulled back in a random clip which, for the meeting with Dr Oppenheimer, you decided to remove. You looked much better with your hair being open and, just as you looked at yourself again, you felt a pang of anxiety, wondering what Dr Oppenheimer was truly thinking of you.

Did he think that you were smart and worthy his attention or did he simply took pity in you because you were a woman?

You then scrunched your eyebrows after a second of thought and adjusted your bag on your shoulder to prepare to face the beast.

For some reason, this man intimidated you and that also, somewhat, aroused you which was a combination of feelings that you never felt before.

Thus, almost hesitantly, you arrived at the lecture room at around 5 o'clock, which was almost thirty minutes after your last class for the day had finished and, when you walked into the somewhat dingy room, you saw him, standing there, looking at am array of calculations.

"You are late" Dr Oppenheimer then remarked without even looking at you at first before, finally, turning around.

"You didn't actually give me a time..." you began to say as you walked towards him and watched him furrow his eyebrows.

"No, I suppose I didn't" Dr Oppenheimer acknowledged before turning the chalkboard over so that you could not see his writing and calculations at all.

"Have you figured the problem with your calculation yet?" you asked almost bluntly as, awkwardly, you stood in front of him. Your lab coat was draped over your left forearm while your right hand held your bag's strap to your shoulder.

You kept your eyes forward, directly in line with where his neck met his chest before looking up into his deep blue eyes which, by this point, were full of questions.

"Who says that there is a problem with my calculations?" Dr Oppenheimer then asked almost out of the blue and a short moment passed before he took your coat and bag from your hands, laying them on the nearest table.

"I think that you took a wrong turn somewhere and..." you began to stammer just before released the nervous breath which you did not realise you were holding until he began to speak again.

"Sit, please" he gestured and, just after you complied with his request and sat down in front of his large wooden desk, you could feel Dr Oppenheimer's presence next to you.

"Do you have a pen and some paper?" you asked and, of course, he did.

"Of course" Dr Oppenheimer said as he placed two white pieces of paper and a freshly sharpened pencil in front of you.

"Now, please show me your calculations" he then said while he stepped back but, even though he decided to give him some space, you could see him out of the corner of your eye, watching you as you worked.

You wrote down formula after formula, directly from your head and whilst this was nothing but theory, you imagined every single reaction in the back of your mind.

You were fast and Dr Oppenheimer's mouth hung open as he watched you work, focusing intently to be sure that it all made sense until, suddenly, your mind went blank. The proximity was making you hot and you felt yourself burning up under your blouse.

"That's it?" Dr Oppenheimer thus asked and you shook your head.

"I just lost my train of thought, again..." you said, sounding like an idiot, causing the professor to chuckle.