Chapter 2 - Maruthakudi

Maruthakudi is a village in the Surya Kingdom which wholly depends on agriculture. In Tamil, the word Marutham denotes rice field. Maruthakudi denotes the place where farmers reside. The Prince Aditya Varma goes to Maruthakudi to meet his best friend, Devendran.

That day is the birthday of Devendran. Aditya Varma planned to travel to Maruthakudi to wish his best friend as a surprise. He got him his birthday presents and bid farewell to his mother and off to Maruthakudi in his horse.

When he reached the place, he stopped his horse under a big banyan tree and came down to drink some water. For a brief moment, he inhaled and exclaimed the beauty of the place. There was full of fields everywhere. He noticed the water that ran through the mud to the crops and a lake where all kinds of birds and animals drinking water.

He saw a bird feeding it's chick in the nest on the branches of the tree. He also heard mother's singing lullaby to make their infants sleep in the cradle which is tied on the branch of a tree. He listened to the lullaby carefully which contained the stories of each and every families. Cool breeze rubbed his face gently. He thought that he could stand there literally for a full day.

He also heard the songs of the farmers which were sung during their work at the field. The songs were so sweeter and has a lot of meaning within each and every lines. "Wow! Rural songs are always the best", he thought to himself. He walked some distance and saw a large lake with pure water which shined as crystals due to the sunlight. As he was thirsty from the travel, he wanted to drink some water.

(To be continued..)

Hi readers, I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Please drop me a vote ⭐ if you like it and don't forget to leave your thoughts in the comments section. Bye for now..👋