Chapter 5 - "Her name is Mrudhula"

Devaki, her mother rushed to the entrance. There she saw her daughter speaking with Prince Varman. She stood there amazed by their looks until Devendran came out of his house.

"Hi!! Adhitya!! Welcome!" Devendran welcomed him with a wide smile.

"Happy Birthday, my dear best friend" said Varman embracing him into a warm hug.

"Thankyou" said Devendran looking at Varman's horse.

"You came here all by yourself?" he asked puzzled.

"Yes, do I need an army to visit my best friend?" Varman asked with a playful smirk.

Devendran nodded smilingly and chuckled. While Vasundhra, mother of Devendran welcomed him with arti.

"Come inside, Adithya"

Varman looked for the lady but she was nowhere. He went inside the home.

"Have a little chit chat with Deva in the backyard while I prepare lunch for you" said Vasundhra. Varman nodded.

Devendran led him to the backyard and the both of them enjoyed the breeze as well as the view.

"Hmm.. everything is so beautiful.. but not as gorgeous as her eyes" Varman said.

"Who are you talking about?" asked Devendran.

"It's the girl who led me to your house. She's beautiful" said Varman.

"Aha! Now I see what's all the searching is about" said Devendran and chuckled. "Do you remember our Late Commander?" he asked.

"How could I ever forget him? I was a die hard fan of Rudhra Devan uncle. He was my role model since childhood. I still haven't got over his death" said Varman letting out a deep sigh.

"The girl who led you here is his daughter" said Devendran.

"What!?" Varman asked amazed.

"Yes and her name is Mrudhula" Devendran added.

"How do I never know that Rudhra Devan uncle had a daughter?" he asked.

"How do I supposed to know that? Maybe you never asked him about his family" said Devendran raising an eyebrow. He let out a deep sigh.

"She misses her father terribly as they loved each other dearly" said Devendran.

Varman sighed. "If I knew of his daughter beforehand, I could have.."

"You could have done what..?! What happened was never our fault Adithya" Devendran assured him by patting on his shoulder.

"We must take a revenge" said Varman with so much determination in his eyes. Devendran nodded.

"I will surely by your side, Adithya" said Devendran.

Mrudhula's house

As soon as Devendran arrived, Mrudhula took her leave smiling at Devendran. She turned to look at her mother who's standing at the entrance of the house. Mrudhula went near her.

"Ma, what are you doing here?" she asked.

Devaki led her inside the house.

"Mrudhula, do you know with whom you came? she asked.

"No" replied Mrudhula.

Devaki shocked. "Didn't he say anything about him?" she asked.

"He said that he is the best friend of Devendran bro from school" Mrudhula answered.

"Hasn't he said anything else?" asked Devaki puzzled.

"No, ma" said Mrudhula.

Letting out a deep sigh, Devaki prepared to go for work.

"Okay, honey. Be safe.. I'll return sooner after work" said Devaki and kissed Mrudhula's cheeks.

"Ok ma, bye" said Mrudhula and waved at her mom.

At Devendran's house

Soon, Vasundhra called them for lunch. They had lunch together and chatted about various things from school. Some time after their lunch, shoutings were heard from the outside. They both rushed to the entrance to watch out what's happening. The sight that they saw outside made their blood to boil.

(To be continued..)

Hi, readers ❤️. The above given image is the portrait of Devendran. I hope you enjoyed the chapter.. Please drop me a vote ⭐ if you like the chapter and don't forget to leave your thoughts in the comments.