Chapter 24 - Will memories

Eleven's POV

"I don't think he's going to survive." I heard Mike whisper.

"What do you mean?" I ask him.

"The doctors. They don't think he will make it." Mike cried.

I'm not letting this happen.

"He will be fine." I tell him

"How do you know?" He snaps,obviously annoyed since I keep telling him that.

"Mike. He will survive." I confirm.

He just sighs and tries to calm himself down.

A doctor walks in, looking sad, and walks up to us.

"I think you might want to say your goodbyes.." He tells us.

I nod and get up as the doctor starts walking away.

"I need to go in! Please, el I have to say goodbye!" Mike cries.

"Mike, I need to do something." I tell him.

"No El please I'm his boyfriend just let me say goodbye!" He pleads.

"Mike you don't need to say goodbye I'm goi-"

"Please let me I nee-" Mike starts

"MIKE." I yell.

He stops talking.

"I am going in whether you like it or not because I am his sister. So wait out here and when I'm done then you can say bye." I announce.

He just nods and sits down.

I walk over to Wills room and walk in. I look over at him and I tear up. He's my brother, and seeing him like this makes me want to scream and cry but for the sake of everybody, I wont.

I sit down next to him and hold his hand. I close my eyes, and go into his head.

At first, everything is black. Until I hear someone speak. Its Mike.

I'm in a Will memory.

"Your so pretty!" Tiny Mike smiles.

They are so tiny. They look about 7.

"Nooo your pretty!!" Tiny Will smiles back.

They hug each other and and start giggling.

I smile and they fade away.

I wonder if there is any more Will memories in here.

"Will you can't leave, its raining." Mike speaks again, he looks older this time.

I can see Will not looking at Mike.

"Listen I said I was sorry, alright?" He attempts to apologize.

"It's a cool campaign, it's really cool. We're just.. not in the mood right now!" He tries to justify whatever he must've done.

"That's the problem Mike! You guys are never in the mood anymore. You're ruining our party!"

"That's not true!?" Mike starts getting defensive

"Really? Where's Dustin right now? See. You don't know, you don't even care, and obviously he doesn't either and I don't blame him! You're destroying everything and for what? So you could swap spit with some stupid girl?" Will shoots back.

"Els not stupid! It's not my fault you don't like girls!" Mike snaps.

Will looks up at Mike, heart broken.

"I'm not trying to be a jerk, okay? But we're not kids anymore. I mean, what did you think, really? That we were never gonna get girlfriends? That we were just gonna sit in my basement all day and play games for the rest of our lives?"

"Yeah. I guess I did. I really did." Will mutters and gets on his bike and cycles off.

"WILL!!" Mike yells, a they both fade away.

They have had an argument. It doesn't look very recent.

At least Will has something he can remember. Maybe that is what be can see right now.

"I don't know, sometimes I feel like I'm going crazy." Mike tells him.

"Me too." Will noda

"Hey, if we're both going crazy then we'll go crazy together, right?" Mike smiles.

"Yeah, crazy together." Will smiles back.

They both fade away.

I need to help him.

I can't let him leave.

I leave the void and come back into reality. I see him sat there. Alone. Barely breathing.

I reach my hand out and place it over his head.

I gather up all my strength and and try and get him to open his eyes.

"Come on, Will. Your strong. Fight." I whisper to him, incase he can hear me.

I hear a cough and open my eyes to see Will coughing. I can't tell if that's a good thing but I keep going.

I watch as his mouth twitches and his eyes slightly move.

Eventually, I stop

Ive failed. Ive failed him. Im going to have to leave him.

I start crying as I realize I'm never going to be able to talk to my brother again.

"I'm sorry Will. I really am." I whisper, and get up.

"Mike, go and see him. Please. I know you want to see him." I tell him.