Chapter 11: Live By The Katana, Die By The Katana

It's been three weeks since Ayano and the others came here from boot camp. It was currently 0400 AM. In the barracks, Ayano and her group were asleep. Strangely enough, Shinobu and Momo were sleeping in the same bed. Suddenly, the trumpet sounded, beginning the day. Ayano and her group were startled awake. "Alright everyone, you know the drill, get a shower and dress in your uniform. Then get your weapons and head to the mess hall," Michiru said. Momo sat up, still half asleep. "Don't yell so loud you immature child," Momo growled. "Don't be so rough on her. She's just trying to get us up," Shinobu said.

Momo turned her head over to the right, seeing Shinobu right in her face. She blushed and jumped away. "What are you doing in my bed," Momo yelled. Shinobu fixed her hair and readjusted her pillow. "Actually, you're in my bed. You said the bed at the bottom was yours. This is the top bunk if you haven't noticed," Shinobu explained. Momo looked around before climbing down. "I need to go take my shower. I was touching a farm girl the entire night," Momo said. "You know, it was actually kind of funny. You were so tired yesterday from training. Although, I think Shimoko got the worse end," Shinobu said, jumping off the bunk bed.

"Pfft! Of course the stutter girl was huffing and puffing. That damn drill sergeant made us hike 40 miles through a damn mountain," Momo snapped. Shimoko was shaking in the corner. "Can you not include me, please," She asked nervously. "You know girls, you should have seen Momo last night. She was so tired that she didn't even know what bunk was hers," Shinobu started saying. Momo got in her face, clearly angry. "Don't you dare finish that sentence," She threatened. Shinobu gently pushed her away, not even acknowledging her. "Anyways, she climbed into my bunk and wrapped around me like a baby. Then she fell asleep," Shinobu finished explaining.

Momo was absolutely fuming. Steam could be seen coming off of her head. "That's actually kind of cute," Koko said. "You little shit," Momo yelled. "See you in the mess hall girls," Shinobu said, racing out of the room. "Get back here," Momo yelled, chasing after her. "We should probably get to the showers," Ayano said. The rest of the girls nodded their heads. In the hallway, Michiru decided to speak up. "So, you think those two will become a couple," She asked. The girls looked confused. "You mean Shinobu and Momo," Ayano asked confusedly. Michiru nodded her head. "Yeah, they are perfect for each other. I see the way Momo blushes at Shinobu," Michiru said.

"I'm not too sure, Michiru. Momo seems like a bitch honestly. I don't think they would make a good couple," Koko said. "Yeah, and besides, the only reason that Momo blushes is because she's embarrassed," Ayano agreed. "Oh come on girls. I see a little bit of a spark. What about you Shimoko? What do you think," Michiru asked Shimoko. Shimoko was playing around with her hands. "Well, I'm not too sure. However, anything is possible so, there could be a chance. I won't believe it until I see it," Shimoko stuttered. Michiru laughed and playfully rolled her eyes. "I still stand by my previous statement," Michiru said.

Once they entered the shower rooms, they went to their own showers, with Ayano being closest to the exit. She took off her night clothes and turned on the shower. She began washing her hair. "So, here I am, three weeks into my training. Who would have thought that this was where I was going to end up at. Life sure does love to throw curveballs," Ayano spoke to herself. Ayano took a quick glance at the clock on the wall, which read 0410 AM. "I should probably hurry up," Ayano thought to herself, speeding up her cleaning. After she was done, she put on her uniform. She then began speed walking back to her barracks to get her weapons. Momo caught up with her. "That damn Shinobu," Momo cursed. Ayano looked over to Momo, who was fuming with anger.

"What happened this time," Ayano begrudgingly asked. "Shinobu pulled me into her shower, took off my clothes, and proceeded to wash me," Momo vented. "Isn't that a good thing? I mean, you didn't have to do any of the work," Ayano said. Momo crossed her arms and started grinding her teeth. "I don't want some farm girl putting their dirty hands on my precious body," Momo boasted. Ayano raised an eyebrow to this statement. "Then why did you stand there and take it? Why not leave and go to your own shower," Ayano questioned. Momo was fixing one of her twin drills. "That is none of your business," She said, hiding her blushing face. "Maybe Michiru was right," Ayano began thinking.