6) fruit of the poisoned tree

Olivia's legs were across Klaus's lap while he was reading a book, and she was reading in 27 days.

Rebekah came in the room seeing the three were silent along with seeing a dead body on the table. "So, this is what you do the first time we're back together as a family, vampire book club" Rebekah said.

"Reading edifies the mind sister isn't that right Elijah" Klaus said. "Yes that's quite right Niklaus" Elijah said.

"I'm pregnant it's not like I can do much" Olivia said. "And what's this business" Rebekah asked motioning to the dead body.

"This is a peace offering" Elijah said. "I presumed after so much time desicating in a coffin that my big brother might be a bit peckish" Klaus said.

"So I explained to my little brother that forgiveness cannot be bought I'd simply prefer to see a change in behavior that indicates contrition and personal growth not this nonsense" Elijah said.

"I couldn't very well let her go to waste could I" Klaus said. "Well I suppose I'll fetch the rubbish bin because she's staining a 200 year old carpet" Rebekah said and left while Elijah and Olivia looked.

"Oh yes" Elijah said. "You couldn't have done it outside" Olivia asked and went back to her book. Klaus looked at Olivia seeing her hand on her stomach admiring her smiling not realizing Elijah noticed. Elijah saw Hayley go into the kitchen and followed her.

>>>

"Poetry about poisoned apples from dead trees looks like someone is worried about impending daddy-hood" Rebekah said.

"Nonsense Elijah is back in his presence all problems turn to pixie dust and float away" Klaus said and Elijah came in the room.

"Strange I don't recall any pixie dust from the darkness of the coffin I was recently forced to endure" Elijah said and opened a spell book. "Is that a spell book" Olivia asked.

"What are you doing with mother's spell book" Rebekah asked. "Well in exchange for my freedom I promised the witch Davina, Olivia's newly discovered sister that I would share a few pages from mother's grimoire" Elijah said taking out a page.

"It'll help her learn to control her magic thought we'd begin with a little unlinking spell" Elijah said.

"Wait you want to use her to unlink Olivia from Sophie Devereux" Rebekah said. "Wait no we can't use her" Olivia said.

"We don't have much of a choice Sophie brought us to this town under false promises" Elijah said.

"Fine but this isn't going to be a regular thing I mean it she doesn't deserve to be used like that" Olivia said.

"She doesn't just want us to take down Marcel and his minions she wants to take Davina back so she yoked her own cause to ours with magic, threats, and half truths well no more as of now our deal with Sophie Devereux is null and void" Elijah said.

"I may not have known about my sister for long but if she wants to get to Davina she has to go through me" Olivia said.

"Niklaus I need you to come with me I need five minutes alone with Davina you need to make certain that I am not interrupted" Elijah said. "Or I could go she's my sister" Olivia said.

"No we can't risk it" Elijah told Olivia. "You stay here and watch Olivia" Elijah told Rebekah leaving.

"Okay I may be a hybrid but that doesn't mean I'm your pet dog" Olivia yelled.

"How did I get elected super nanny" Rebekah asked. "More importantly who put him in charge" Klaus asked and got up and left.

>>>