12) the strix

"You better hope Klaus doesn't find out you took it, cause if he does, he's gonna kill you" Olivia said over the phone to Vincent.

"Don't worry I'm cloaked so he can't hurt me" Vincent said. "You better hope not but if you ever need backup give me a call, I'm in a mood for a fight" Olivia said.

"You know you'd figure being a hybrid and the ex-girlfriend of Klaus Mikaelson and the girlfriend of Kol Mikaelson you be meaner" Vincent said.

"Do you want me to be mean" Olivia asked. "I'm good" Vincent said. "Stay safe" Olivia said and hung up.

>>>

"Okay so what's the plan" Hayley asked as she and Olivia walked towards Elijah. "Yeah, cause I for one personally rather not explain to my daughter how her entire family was murdered" Olivia said.

"You have nothing to worry about Liv, I'll keep Aya distracted" Elijah said. "Why don't you just kill her" Hayley asked.

"She and I have history" Elijah said. "You two had a thing" Hayley asked and Elijah stayed silent for a moment.

"Well, this just got awkward" Olivia said. "Aya was a towering intellect with an insatiable curiosity passionate, fearless, and something of an outcast" Elijah said and told the story of how he met Aya.

"Long ago I invited her to join a rather elite company I determined she was perfectly tailored to bear the responsibility of an immortal life I made her like me" Elijah said.

"Well, no offense but you could've found someone way better than her" Olivia said. "She was one of the first strix" Hayley said.

"We cared for one another deeply together we created a fellowship unburdened by the limitations of man it was the pursuit of a glorious new world and then father led by an unquenchable desire to slay his children Mikael descended accompanied by a small army he laid to wage everything that I built so we had no choice but to run and told the story of how he ran from Mikael and how he tried to convince Aya to go with.

"Aya did not so when Tristian found her, he rescued her she of course came to see him as something of a savior and in time beneath his corrupt guidance they made the strix what they are today a hive of depraved and ignorant savages and she's never forgiven me not entirely certain I have ever forgiven myself" Elijah said.

"You can't blame yourself Elijah it wasn't your fault you wanted to live your only human" Olivia said.

"Well given all that how exactly do you plan on keeping her distracted" Hayley asked.

"With a little salt and an old wound" Elijah said. "I'm coming with and if you try to argue or snap my neck it's going to be a long night for you" Olivia said leaving. Elijah sighed before following Evelyn.

>>>

"Hello everyone" Elijah said going in the room where the strix and Marcel was.

"Wonderful to see you all" Elijah said and Olivia rolled her eyes.

"Aya don't we look so very comfortable indeed leading Tristian's little circus but sadly one does not simply ascend to the position of leader kind of has to be my consent you see I am the maker, the creator, the founding father I am the one who chooses the leader here and fortunately for every last one of you I have an excellent candidate in mind see today is the day I take back what is mine" Elijah said.

"Do I hear any objections" Elijah asked. "No then maybe we be out here faster than I thought" Olivia said.

"So, ladies and gentlemen the offer I extend to you is simple enough you follow me I shall return you all to greatness" Elijah said.