Leona Kingscholar x Reader

This is a happy be-lated birthday one-shot for Leona I hope you all enjoy! Also the reader will be using They/Them pronouns!

{Happy Birthday My King!}

(Y/n) was seen in the kitchen of the Ramshackle Dorm cooking in the kitchen. They were making Leona's favorite kind of steak for his birthday. You had invited Leona to the Ramshackle Dorm to surprise him with a steak dinner and wanted to make sure everything was perfect. Soon enough you hear the door bell ring and lucky for you the steaks were ready for the dinner as you head to the front door of the Ramshackle Dorm and open the door to see Leona was there. "Hello Leona happy birthday please come in. I just got the steaks done." (Y/n) says to him as they open the door and move to the side to let him enter. He has his rare but genuine smile on his face as he walks into the Ramshackle Dorm and says to you "Thanks (Y/n) I've looking forward to this birthday steak dinner." To which after he walks into the Ramshackle Dorm you had closed the front door and lead him to the dining area of the Ramshackle Dorm. "Of course Leona now you go sit down at the table and I'll bring the steaks from the kitchen." (Y/n) says to him as they head into the kitchen while Leona sits down at the dining table. About a minute later (Y/n) is seen heading out of the kitchen with two plates with steak on each plate. They walked over to where Leona was sitting and placed a plate that had a steak on it before placing the other plate with the steak on it at another spot at the table. (Y/n) had also brought him out his favorite drink for him to enjoy to which he thanked them for the drink before (Y/n) sat down at the table as they both started eating. "Wow (Y/n) you definitely know how to cook great steak." Leona says to them as he was eating the steak that (Y/n) made for him to which (Y/n) says to him "Oh thanks Leona that nice of you to say. I know it may not be as good as a professional chefs could make it but I'm glad you enjoy the steak." To which Leona after he takes a sip of his drink says to them "Well I will say your steak definitely up high on my list of who makes the best steak that I've had eaten before." To which after he said that he had his classic smirk on his face as you had a small smile on your face as you two continued eating the steak dinner. Soon enough you two finished eating the steak dinner and you were cleaning up the dishes before telling Leona to sit on the couch as you had another surprise for him that you will give him when you finished cleaning up. Leona sat on the couch with a curious look on his face as he tried to figure out what you got him as a gift. Once you finish cleaning the dishes you told Leona to close his eyes while you went to get his gift. He hesitated at first but then he closes his eyes. Once he shuts his eyes you grabbed his gift and carefully placed it in his lap before telling Leona to open his eyes. Leona hearing you say he can open his eyes does so and looks down at his lap and looked surprised at what he saw. It was a very rare edition of a chess set that was hard to find and somehow you got it for him as a birthday gift. "(Y/n) how did you get you even get this? These are very hard to find this certain chess set. Thank you (Y/n) I love the gift." Leona says to you as he does something that surprised you which was him hugging you. You hugged him back as you said to him "It's no problem Leona I just got lucky when I found it and bought it. I'm glad you enjoy my gift to you my King." To which Leona was a bit surprised by you saying that before he let out a small chuckle and says to you "Hmm decided to give me a nickname herbivore? Well I like that nickname you gave me." To which after he said that you two separate from the hug as (Y/n) says to him "Well considering that you always call me herbivore I decided to give you a nickname as well. I'm glad you like my nickname for you and the birthday gift my King." To which after saying that (Y/n) had a gentle smile on their face as Leona says to them "Yeah I enjoyed this a lot I appreciate the dinner, gift and the nickname thank you." To which after saying that Leona actually offers to teach (Y/n) how to play chess by using the chess set (Y/n) got them for his birthday. He usually isn't to excited about his birthday but this year he really enjoyed his birthday this year thanks to you.