Squirrelflight's lie - Chapter one:

Squirrelflight smiled at Brambleclaw sweetly. "Look at them. Hollykit, Jaykit, and Lionkit, all together."

Brambleclaw cocked his head to the side. "It only took a moon for you to get back and you had kits? Squirrelflight, I just find that hard to believe! It would make more sense for you just to adopt them," he mewed sympathetically. "I understand that you could've wanted kits, and if you did you should've just told me so, alright?"

Squirrelflight stirred. They're Leafpool's. Brambleclaw, they're Leafpool's! She wanted to wail. But she knew that it would ruin everything.

Hollykit tumbled over to her parents' feet.

"Squirrelflight! Bramblclaw! Mom! Dad! Look at what I can do! Not even Lionkit can do this!" She squealed, jumping up and doing a flip in the air.

It caught Leafpool's eye from where she was standing by the medicine den, and she hurried over to Hollykit.

"Be careful! I don't want my sister's kits getting hurt!" She hissed.

Hollykit straightened. "Sorry. It's just that Lionkit is so good at everything! Why can't StarClan give me some sort of cool ability! Jaykit is like, a phsycic or something, he knows what I think all the time! And whenever we play fight, Lionkit always wins! I'm just nothing!" She wailed.

Leafpool wrapped her tail around Hollykit. "Don't worry, Hollykit. You're strong, emotionally aware, and very smart. I'm sure you'll make a splendid warrior. You just have a little bit of everything, like Brackenfur," she comforted.

Squirrelflight smiled at her sister. She's doing such a good job as a mother. Anyone without the context would guess she was the mother, which she is, but it makes total sense that they're basically hers, she thought.

Brambleclaw padded over to Hollykit as well. "Yes, and you are super smart, smarter than Jaykit! I bet you know more than Firestar!" He playfully shoved her, and she perked up and leapt onto his back.

"Now you're just teasing!" She scolded. "Shut up!"

Squirrelflight chuckled, walking over to her daughter as well. "We don't talk that way to our father! We talk that way to our siblings," she added deviously.

Hollykit snickered. "You talk that way to Brambleclaw!"

"That's because he deserves it! F-from me, anyway. He can't do anything to me, I'm moons stronger than him and smarter than him, but you're just a kit, and he could easily trick you," Squirrelflight pointed out.

Hollykit hopped off of her supposed father and turned back to her siblings. "Fine. I must admit you're right. Agh, I don't like being wrong! It's easy to be right with those mouse-brains, though. Bye Squirrelflight, bye Brambleclaw, and goodbye Leafpool! I hope you get that tansy you were looking for!"

Squirrelflight turned back to her sister, and she looked surprised and flattered. She chuckled. My sweet, sweet sister. I hope... I hope she's happy about theese three. I know I am.

She watched as Hollykit argued with Jaykit and Lionkit. Well, sort of. Lionkit was playing with a butterfly, but then stopped as Hollykit told him that if he caught it then it would grow teeth and bite him. Even Jaykit believed her!

Squirrelflight snickered. She's very persuasive. I bet she could tell Firestar to attack WindClan because they had plans to attack us just from two leaves and one conversation! She thought warmly.