𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

.・✩゜✩・

𝐁𝐈𝐆 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬

THE HUFFLEPUFFS WERE seated in the very last carriage once the Hogwarts Express had stopped at the Hogsmeade train station. It took quite a while for the group to convince professor Flitwick to let them all squeeze into the carriage. The shirt man explained very desperately that only six were aloud on just one. Three on each side.

"Well, how about four and five!"

He had agreed after lots of tormenting, but had them go last so he wouldn't get into trouble with professor McGonagall. And if they went, being dragged by an invisible force. It was dark outside, the stars shinning in the beautiful blue sky. Karmen was very excited for this year, especially because she could befriend people who were now younger than her. And wondered what it was like to be the oldest at the school, leading to how hard the classes would be later on, leading to possibly different professors. Head up, Karmen admired the stars when she saw a big shooting star. No—an asteroid? She squinted trying to focus her head, eyes, and mind on the moving thing in the sky. Since it was dark she couldn't see much, only that outline. It looked slightly blue. It was? A car? Oh. It was a car. A car flying in the air.

"Guys," she grabbed the attention of her peers, the pointed behind her, where it had been, "Look—wait. It's gone. I swear there was a car there."

"Flying?"

"Yes, way up there."

Susan elbowed her in the shoulder, and leaned on Karmen's shoulder, "I think somebody's just a bit tired."

"Probably, I am so tired, I'll be asleep by the end of professor Dumbledore's speech."

And it was true, she did. When the group of ten walked into the great hall. Where they took an empty spot, that Cedric Diggory had  saved for them. Seeing how they would always be seated there. It was by the front. So each and every first year that got sorted for, the Vega girl clapped loudly. Half asleep, with the end of the sorting, Karmen leaned her head on Ernie. Who patted her back. And she dozed off for a whole ten minutes as Dumbledore spoke. Mae died laughing inside, sitting where her fellow professors sat. Her eyes glued onto the girl the whole time, peacefully asleep on the boys shoulder. Ernie seemed out of it too, soon leaning his head on Karmen's, awake but fighting for his life to stay awake. Soon enough, the bearded wizard clapped and food appeared on the table.

"Hey dimples, wake up." The blonde tapped her shoulder, "Come on sleepy, he's done, and there's food. Along with you favorite cookies."

She opened her eyes slowly, "Oh—was I snoring."

"So loud."

Karmen shot up, "What! Was I actually?"

He chuckled, serving himself with some of his favorite pasta, "I'm just joking! You weren't, you slept like a peaceful baby. Now, eat."

And with that, Karmen did, asking Maddie to pass her some of the pasta by her seat. Maddie nodded, the tongs digging into the bowl and onto Karmen's plate, handing it back to her, "So how was your little nap?"

"So good."