几ㄩ乇 千丨尺丂ㄒ 匚卄卂卩ㄒ乇尺

━━━━━━━━┛ ✠ ┗━━━━━━━━

A week had passed since then. The duo stayed in Edo since it was the capital and money was flowing nicely there. They had to stock up on food and shelter. Kusuriuri was used to travel alone, so having another person to care for was something that he had to come to terms with. Fortunately for him, Shinju was also a merchant who knew more about finances than selling, so she was the one who had to plan and manage everything before they went to another place in search of Mononokes.

Their life together in Edo wasn't bad, since Kayo was also near. Sometimes, the three of them would hang out to do some shopping, but it was usually the two friends who were together most of the time. Shinju would usually wake her up, and they'd spend the morning together. The pearled girl sometimes helped her in her search for a job and gave her some of the money she earned with the medicine seller so Kayo could keep looking for a job without worrying about having nowhere to stay. This monetary gift was done without the extravagant man's knowledge, as he prioritized collecting enough money as fast as possible so they could get back at slaying fiends.

Kayo's presence allowed Kusuriuri to have the morning by himself since his pupil wouldn't be near. This is what he greatly appreciated from the tan girl: being able to keep Shinju away for a few hours. During this time, he would prepare some medicine in peace or restock his paper charms. It was his time to chill with the objects within his box... Including the ones in his special drawer. Thanks to this, he wouldn't lash out at Shinju unintentionally. He was a very solitary person, who valued his privacy, and having to be with the exorcist-wannabe 24/7 while they were not working was a thought he despised. He needed some time for himself.

At noon, the exorcist duo would get together again to work, trying to earn some money. Their appearance caught the eyes of many people from both genders since they weren't the norm there. Back in her hometown, Shinju's jewelry display was kind of accepted or at least tolerated, since she was very popular there. Kusuriuri, on the other hand, would never escape being the center of attention due to his strange looks. They were stupid sometimes but knew how to use their brains when they wanted something. They knew how to lie, manipulate, and charm. If they got the chance, they could become politicians and destroy the modern world together.

Apart from trying to make a living, the two friends didn't spend their time together doing productive things most of the time...

━━━━━━━━┓ ✠ ┏━━━━━━━━

"Shinju, are you seeing this?!"

"Yes... Quite eye-catching"

The two of them were usually near the port. They checked out the people arriving in Edo. Kayo was a hopeless romantic, it was expected of her. She wanted to find love, and why not do it with a friend that could give tips and tell her to not go near some guys?

"He's so dreamy!" Kayo squealed, placing her hands on the fence in front of them and using it to get closer to the man he was eyeing.

"He does look good." Shinju calmly nodded. "So, should we do it with him?"

"Yes, please! I want to see how he is up close!" The girl with the beauty mark was thrilled. They would go on with their plan to find a boyfriend for Kayo.

The two girls went towards the man who had caught their attention. While Kayo had a happy and excited smile, Shinju remained serene. They were slowly growing nearer. It was a male with cinnamon brown colored hair, with Edo's everyday hairstyle for men. He had dark blue eyes, with some brown in the center. He was very beautiful.

Once they were close enough, Kayo walked a bit slower, so that her footsteps didn't match Shinju's, and people would think that they weren't walking together. This was Shinju's added action to their plan, as she was eager to trick people, but doing it the best she could. That meant paying attention to every detail.