Vegaspete2-part 4

Vegas' POV:

How could've I foreseen something like this was bound to happen...? ...After all, it was only a matter of time... Everything I treasure and hold close leaves me, betrays me, disappoints me, or so on. That's just how life is.

... So why... Why do I still get so attached and never learn? Why do I even try? It's so weak of me to still keep that photo in there... but I still do knowing the fact that it's making me vulnerable. I even let that main family's dog get into my head...

However, I won't let him slide off easily with this. He will regret what he had done, and I'll make sure not to ever let my guard down again no matter how friendly, caring, or compassionate he seems.

I could feel my anger and rage coming to their peak, which was now also visible through my reaction: ˝Bored you say? I have to admit that I haven't heard a worse lie than that no matter how many lowlifes I tortured to get them to stop spouting nonsense and give me the information I wanted.˝ , I shouted rather sarcastically while Pete started trembling at the tone of my voice and my words once again.

˝ I am not lying, I promise.˝ , he still had the nerve to make such a stupid excuse. Who would even believe in that bullshit?

˝ Don't make a fool out of yourself, Pete!" , my hands were now clenched into fists, ˝ And more importantly, don't take me as one." ,my tone now dropped drastically, showing him how serious I was about making him regret his playing.

He kept on blabbing his mouth while I slowly unbuckled my belt as I grew more and more irritated with his whining. My vision was now blinded with resentment that was both directed to Pete and myself. Although ...there was also another unpleasant sensation burning in my chest, it felt as if a crevice had been pierced right through my lungs. I wanted to take it all out on him. He was the reason I got like this in the first place.

He quickly jerked away when he realized what my intentions were. His pupils dilated making his panicked expression look even more terrified. His chest rose up and down at a fast pace whilst he cautiously crawled backwards until his back hit the corner, leaving him no more space to retreat, and soon enough, tears started streaming down his face. When I looked at him so horrified with his, wide open, soaked eyes pinned on me, not daring to utter a sound, something in me turned over. Even though anger was still making my blood boil, that strange burning sensation in my chest started to overtake and made me hesitate.

Pete wasn't the type to act all scared easily, afterall he was one of the main bodyguards of the main family.
So why would he react like this when he still rebelliously smiled in my face while being put under so much torture when we first caught him?

Pete's POV:

I.....c-can't.....
I can't do it anymore.....I've had enough!

All the torture I've gone through... Every time I had to act like a toy for his emotional projection. I am so sick of it all. But the truth is that......seeing Vegas all angered up like this suddenly reminded me of my father when I was a child. He would take all of his grief out on me every, single, goddamned time he reflected on his own failure!!!

I don't even know why it came up to my mind just now... Maybe I finally shattered and broke down from the pressure of it? I can't think clearly, all that is going through my head right now is fear, a deep feeling of hopelessness, and the rest was blank.....no thoughts... But in my uneasy heart, there seems to be more.....most significant, disappointment, and painful realization....
...Although I thought that something had changed, something was getting better, someone was getting better..... In the sorrowful reality, nothing has changed...it was only my pity that has deceived me, my self-made weakness.