Chapter 9 - Shooken Up

{ Harper's POV }

"AHHH!" I screamed, completely terrified of what my brain had just shown me.

I was holding my chest, still flabbergasted. My heart was racing so fast. I didn't even know what to think. I just created The Snatcher, like, what? An hour ago? Did I really mean to make him that cruel? Ugh, I don't know!

{ William's POV }

I was already asleep with Isi when I heard the scream.

"AHHH!"

I immediately shot up. Oh God, it was Harper. Isidora woke up, too.

"What was that...?" she said, still half asleep.

"That was Harper..." I said.

Her eyes widen. We both quickly get out of bed to check up on our daughter.

I open the door quickly.

"Harper!" Me and Isidora both said.

We saw her eyes wide open and her hand on her chest.

We ran over to her.

"Are you okay?? Did you get hurt?!" I said.

"No, no, I'm fine. I just had a nightmare..." she responds.

"Nightmare?" I say. "You never have nightmares, Harper."

"I know! This one just came up!" she yelps, getting a little frustrated.

"Oh, Harper, dear..." Isidora says, quickly sitting next to her while putting a hand behind her back to comfort her.

I do the same, sitting next to Harper.

She was catching her breath, trying to calm down. Gosh, I feel bad for my daughter. I just hate to see her like this. It makes me nervous.

After a minute of silence, Harper finally catches her breath and calms down.

"Do you want to sleep with me and mom for the night?" I ask, making it an option.

"Oh, no, I'm fine," Harper says, giving an assuring smile. But I could tell it was fake.

"Are you sure?" Isidora says. "We don't want you feeling scared."

"No, I'm good. I'll be okay."

I was going to say something else, but then I stop myself.

"Alright, then. If you need anything at all, you know where we are, okay?"

Harper nods her head in approval.

Me and Isi did the same and we both give Harper a hug. We tell her good night and head back to our bedroom.

{ Harper's POV }

When my parents left my room, I was still kind of shocked. I mean... that vision was very unusual. And again, The Snatcher is a new character in my journal, so how can I think of him so negatively so quickly?

I try to go back to bed, but I just can't. I stay up until 3 in the morning.