3

azaias orion prado
11:26 am
baton rouge, louisiana

"you ready for yall first football game?" essynnce asked while we sat at the lunch table.

they pushed our first game to october 1st, a friday, which was today and our game was startin at 7:30. since we play varsity our games start later.

"hy, we finna kill em niggas" major said makin kari agree wit him.

i been peepin kari and nakia gettin close as well as leiara and major, but that ain nun of my business. me and essynnce also been kickin it these past couple months. we js been vibin and gettin to know eachother and ive lowkey caught feelins and i think she has too. i was plannin on askin her this weekend and settin up a date and shi.

essynnce and nakia was sittin and talkin to that girl that be comin around here a couple times a week. e and kia was both muggin ole girl so i started listenin to see what was up.

"how you gon sit up here and start switchin up and talkin wit kiara, KNOWIN she got a problem wimme." essynnce said while kia nodded.

"if ion wan be around yall then ion wan be around yall. we was friends and shi as kids but we grown now and yall not my cup of tea." she said rollin her eyes.

nakia and e looked genuinely confused watchin ole girl run her mouth.

"you know what, its coo kayla you can be they bestie. but when they dog you out, not if but when, don't come back ova here." nakia said makin ole girl roll her eyes and get up.

leiara immediately sat where she was at and they started talkin about the situation. i shrugged it off and was js gon ask essynnce about it later.

they was all chattin and shi and i was js thinkin abt how i was finna go home and go to sleep before practice and the game. i was thinkin bout bringin essynnce wit me but im prolly js gon go to sleep on her.

once the bell rang everybody went to the parking lot and said they goodbyes.

"e come see rq." i said while she was walkin wit nakia.

"wassup?" she asked.

"you tryna come over?" i asked lookin down at her since i was 6'3 i kinda looked down to her.

"yeah i can, wait lemme text my momma rq." she said pullin out her phone and walkin back to nakia to say bye.

they hugged and she came back over to me.

"we goin or not." she said smilin as she came back. i rolled my eyes and went to open her door.

she thanked me and then i got in and we was on our way.

azaias house

"yoo dad" i said as i walked in seein him on the couch watchin football.

"whaddup zai." he said lookin over and dappin me up.

"who this is?" he asked lookin at essynnce.

"im essynnce, nice to meet you." she said and went to shake his hand.

"nice to meet you too, im anthony you can js call me that or wtv ion care fr." he said and she nodded.