09| legos

-MATTEO LAURIER-

The car ride back from Aracelis doctor appointment was tense.

Celi had fallen asleep in the backseat while Antonio was adjusting the cuffs of his dress shirt the entire time out of anxiousness.

"What's wrong hermano?" I ask, taking my eyes off the road just for a second to look at him.

"I feel like it's too soon to take Araceli off her meds." He says quietly.

"I know it's been a month and a half but what if she just goes right back to how she was before? I can't get that image out of my head Matteo. It physically pains me." He says his voice cracking in the process

"You'd rather her stay in them from the rest of her life? Depending on them isn't good either. Look at it from a different perspective." I say looking at him once more.

"Would you rather our sister be depressed or addicted to anti depressants?" I said cautiously afraid of his reaction.

"Fuck!" He says just below a yell, loud enough to make Araceli stir in her sleep before settling back down.

"Don't beat yourself up man. There's other solutions isn't there? We just have to find out what works. It's gonna be okay." I say to him as we arrive at the black and silver gate to our house.

As soon as I swiftly pull into the car garage, Antonio walks out the car and into the house leaving me behind.

I slowly get out the car making my way to the backseat where Araceli was.

"Bebita we're here" i say shaking her gently. She stirs and opens her eyes slowly while letting out a quiet whine.

"You want me to take you upstairs or you wanna walk?" I ask. She shakes her head and quietly undoes her seatbelt before climbing out the back of the  SUV.

I shut the car door before heading inside right behind her.

When I enter the house I am met with Matias pulling something out the oven and a hungry Carlos and Andres sitting at the bar counter.

"Dinners about ready guys!" He says when her sees us walking through the door. We all sit at the table infront of our respective plates, Araceli having a significantly less amount than the rest of us.

Small, calm conversations start to form around the table, everyone talking about their days what what they did. Carlos speaks up

"Celi, after dinner I wanna show you something" he says looking at her with a cheeky grin. She returns it with a small smile and a nod.

After mostly everyone was finished with their food, Carlos grabbed Araceli by the hand, nearly dragging her up the stairs.

-CARLOS LAURIER-
I excitedly grab Araceli by her wrist leading her up stairs down the hall.

"What's this room? I didn't even realize it was here." She says, her voice filling of confusion.

"Open the door and find out" I say, a childish grin appearing on my face. She opens the door, gasping when she sees what's inside

She excitedly runs in the room looking at all the tall Lego figures I've built over the years.

"I didn't know you liked building legos?" She says smiling.

"You learn something new everyday don't you?" I say smiling back

"Do you wanna help me build one?" I ask. She excited nods her head jumping with joy. I've never seen her so excited before, but it makes me happy that she's feel comfortable enough to feel that around me.