Chapter [3]

Chapter[3]

     Once Noah and I had gotten to our class, he had first, third, seventh, and eighth period with me, we took our seats that had been arranged so we could sit with our partner for the upcoming class project.

     I'd obviously chosen my partner as Noah, and he'd made it really obvious I was his. Because during class when the teacher said we'd be choosing partners. He'd stood up in the middle of class and announced, "Lisey Ricks is my partner. No questions asked." and then he sat back down. Everyone in class appeared to be sad that we'd been taken.

     "Hey Lise." I turned my head away from Noah to glance up at the gorgeous, Kenny Phillips staring down at me with a seductive grin on his face. "Hey Ken."

      He chuckled for no apparent reason, "Barbie's Boy-toy..." I heard Noah mumble under his breath, Kenny didn't hear it but since I was basically leaning on Noah from Kenny's closeness I could hear it perfectly. I had to fight back fits of laughter from Noah's comment.

"So... Lise, I was wondering, yah know, if you wanted to go out sometime."

      I felt Noah stiffen behind me, then he snatched my wrist and squeezed it tight. I ignored Noah's hints that meant 'Say no.' and then smiled back up at Kenny, "Sure. Just tell me where and when."

      I giggled, and Noah let go of my wrist stood up and walked away, probably to go 'get some water' He hated when I went out with other guys, but that was just him being my protective older brother figure, even though he was my age and he was a total pervert to me. "Cool, this Friday, around seven?" I smiled and nodded.

      I was about to stand up when Kenny bent down and gave me a peck on the lips, then he turned and walked away to his desk.

      "That was a little straight forward, dontcha think?" Noah's voice startled me and I jumped, I was still in shock of well... how 'straight forward' he'd been about the kiss. "Well, he's confident, that's for sure."

"He's arrogant, you mean." Noah retorts.

       I beam at him and turn back in my seat.

      The rest of first period Language Arts flew by and next I had Science with one of my less girly gal-pals, Tia-D. I didn't really know her last name, it may be Dee, but everyone just calls her Tia-D. It's always been that way. She was a very petite Indian girl, and acted super silly 24-7. She was a sweetheart and the only reason I looked forward to Science class.

     "Hey Tia-D." I smile at her when I walk into class; she excitedly bounces around people to give me a big hug, surprisingly big from such a petite person with a tiny stature. "Hi Lisey!" She smiles and waves like a dork.

      I chuckle and walk over to the lab table we share and I have oh-so-terribly burned it with chemicals on my side while hers is perfectly clean and un-ruined.

I felt bad for whoever had my seat after this class...

      After I had made a frog's guts pop out onto a tray, I needed a break. It was repulsive, the sight, the smell... Bleh, It made me want to throw up.

       Rachelle Morganson, one of the super cliché popular girls gave me an icy glare and walked over to me. "Hey Elisea. That is your name right?" I winced at my real name. "Lise." I corrected her, since Lisey was only a name I let those close to me, call me.

      "Whatever. Anyway, you're a sick girl you know that?!" I smirked at her, I knew she was referring to what The Gossip had posted, but I wanted to play,

      "No shit Sherlock, that frog made me want to throw-up. Explains why I'm sitting here." I motioned the distance between my table and the chair I sat at. "Ugh! You're such a moron. I'm talking about you and Noah Johnson. Don't you know he has STDs?!" she nearly screamed at me.

       I chuckled and smirked at her again, "No he doesn't."

"Yes he does." she replies knowingly.

"No he doesn't." I said sternly.

"Yes. He. Does." she spat at me.

      I smiled slyly, "Where's your proof?" She gave me a snotty look, and crinkled her fake nose as if I smelt bad.

       "Nicole Fasters got STDs after she slept with him two weeks ago, on Friday." She smiled as if she'd just told me off. I threw my head back and laughed, and she looked at me like I'm crazy.

      "Well. Miss Rachelle," I said her name in an annoyingly girl tone,

      "That's impossible because since he's my best fucking friend he slept over at my house that night. That whole week in fact. Since his parents were out of town." she looked like I'd just slapped her with the tip of the 5 inch heel on her black strappy shoes and twitched her hips away back to her table.

Jesus, she is frustrating.

Noah's POV.

      For second period I had Band, I played guitar but I'd taught myself and I was already really good so I just sat around in band and talked to my guy friends.

     Erik Wilder, a good guy friend of mine came up to me and we did that weird hand-shake-half-hug thing, or that's what Lisey called it. I didn't think the move technically had a name, but it just came natural to guys. She thinks that's bullshit.

      "Hey No." I always want to laugh at my nick-name, as if "Noah" isn't short enough. "Sup Erik," he smiled, and we went to go sit down listening to Cam's story about their latest camping trip, they all had a bigger build than me, that's what I got for being such a lazy-ass. I looked a little too skinny with clothes on, but-Haha. That last line was not meant to be dirty-in my swim trunks or my boxers I can show off my abs.

      That thought brought me back to this morning; Lisey was so close to me, rubbing her palms and finger tips up and down my stomach, sending tingles all over my skin. It felt so good.

      No. You do not think of Lisey that way. You might have a dirty-mind but not about her, she's your best friend.

'Your best friend that you looooove.' my mind told me.

'Of course I love her, she's like my sister.' I mentally told it.

      Wow. I'm talking to my mind. I think my insanity level just went up a few notches.

'You know what I mean, you love her, love her.'

     After that I ignored it.

     Then Erik spoke "So No. How was it?" I snapped back into reality, "How was what?" I asked, my face was a question mark.

      "Lise, I didn't know you had the balls to do your best friend." A smirk tugged at the sides of his mouth.

       "Um... It's not true. It's just something somebody spread around. It's an untrue rumor." I said awkwardly, rubbing the back of my neck.

       "Ah. So you don't have the balls to do her. Does that mean I can have her?" Cameron laughed, and a small flame of fury burnt in the back of my mind. "I don't want to do her. She's my best friend, guys. It'd be kind of messed up." I said then turned to Cam, "And no. You may not have her."

       Tony laughed from next to Erik, "Dude, you got it for her." I straightened out, "No I don't. And she's going out with Barb- Ken." I had to hold back laughter; I almost called the guy, Barbie.

       "Oh, so you're going to let him get her and not me? That's just hurtful, Dude." Cam put his hand over his heart and faked a hurt look, and I smirked at them.

       I bet all these guys think they have a chance with her, when the truth is, she's way out of their league...