19

KIMBERLY

"A hot chocolate for my kimmiegirl." my dad says, as he hands over a cup. I grin up at him and he smiles back but the nickname reminded me of Cole and i hated it.

"I know I'm your dad and you don't speak to me about these girl problems like you do with your mum but if someone needs a lesson taught to them." he punches his opposite hand. "I'll teach them. No one hurts my little girl." he tells me.

I hug my dad tightly. "I love you, dad," I whisper.

"I love you more, Kimmie girl."

"Where is she?" I hear my mum says as she walks up the stairs. She enters my bedroom and when she sees my red eyes, her eyes soften and she hugs me to her chest. "I'll give you girls some time." my dad whispers, kissing my mum's head. The door closes and I cry. "What happened, honey?"

"So much has happened Mum. So much that I haven't told you."

She sits me down on my bed but she doesn't let go of me. "You can tell me anything, sweetheart. I'm your mother."

I look up at her and she wipes my tearful eyes. "I can't tell you everything because you are my mother and I don't think you want to hear some of it." I say, laughing quietly.

She purses her lips. "You know what honey." she says, standing up. "Tonight I'm not your mother. Imagine me as your best friend." she grabs my hand and takes me downstairs and opens the freezer. "Ice cream can fix world problems." she says, smiling. I smile back at her and she grabs two spoons and the cookies and cream ice cream. We walk back to my room and sit on my bed.

I inhale sharply. "Me and Isla aren't friends mum." I announce quietly.

Her eyes widen in surprise. "Seriously?"

"She slept with Matt." I quietly admit.

"Oh my god honey." my mum exclaims.

I frown. "You sound like my mother." I tease.

"Shit sorry," she says, thinning her lips. "Oh my God Kimberly," she says instead. "When?"

"Matt's birthday. I caught them."

"I'm so sorry-" she freezes as she's about to call me a sweetheart. "-Girl." she blurts, making me smile softly.

"I didn't know how to tell you because I didn't want you to stop being friends with Aubrey."

She smiles sadly at me. "I could've stayed friends with Aubrey even if you weren't talking to Isla,
Kimberly. You're my beautiful girl. My daughter. My number one priority. You come before anyone else."

"I love Aubrey. She's like my second mother."

My mum smiles. "You don't have to be friends with Isla. I can't believe you've been forcing yourself to be friends with her." my mum murmurs, shaking her head.

It felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I finally told my mum and she didn't hate me for it.

"The rest is boy stuff." I tell her. "I don't know if you wanna hear."

"Would it make you feel comfortable if I told you my boy problems when I was your age?"

"Really?"

"Yes. Although, if your father hears me talking about this he won't be too happy."

I imitate an action of zipping my lips and she laughs. "One day. It was during my camping trip. Your father and I had an argument and this other boy who had a crush on me decided to be very touchy with me. I wanted to make your dad jealous and it worked because they ended up having a fight."