Brooklyn

Yauch and I set our date to be in a few days. I needed some time to process what happened with Anthony. He ended up calling me the day after Yauch was over and explained in further detail his side of the story.

His girlfriend and him had been on and off dating for years. They are currently on a break but would discuss things when she got back from her trip. He thought I was just looking for a fling. Apparently that's what Aaron led it on to be.

Aaron visited that day as well. He was concerned about me obviously. I told him what had happened and he felt awful. I wasn't angry at Aaron though. I was just embarrassed. And sad. I decided to spend the rest of my week focusing on my date. This would get my mind off of Anthony.

It seemed like maybe things were going to work out with Yauch. We were both single and both interested in each other. For once maybe it wouldn't go south. I had a lot of faith in Yauch. I wanted to trust him and I wanted to be with him. When the day of the date finally came I was sweating buckets.

I wanted to look stunning. Not just pretty, but drop dead gorgeous. I did my hair and my makeup. I picked out one of my cutest dresses and even decided to paint my nails in the free time. I was incredibly nervous and all I could think about was Yauch. He said we were just going to drive around Brooklyn and then stop at his place. This means I needed to look beautiful while also looking casual.

Ding Dong!

He was here. I calmly walked to the door and opened it.

"Hey Cynthia," Yauch blinked. He looked me up and down before grinning. "You look great."

"Thank you," I smiled. Yauch looked good too. I knew better than to say it though. He had been letting his beard grow out and it was cute. He began to wear more baggy clothes which suit him a lot. I had to admit that he had a good style. Much more than most guys I knew.

"You wanna get goin'?" He asked. I quickly checked to make sure I had my purse.

"Yeah," I nodded. "Let's go."

As we walked out Yauch slid his arm around my waist. It surprised me slightly but I didn't mind it.

"Funny thing is," Yauch said as we walked to the car. "I made a mixtape for tonight."

"You made an entire mixtape just for tonight?"

"Well it's our first proper date," He shrugged. "I wanted it to be special. It doesn't matter now though. I left it at home."

"We'll just have to wait till we get to your place then," I shrugged. "I'd love to hear it."

"You can chose from the tapes in my car," He explained as we got into his car. Yauch's car was nice now. Much nicer than the last one he had. It was from his tour money. I didn't have such a popular tour so I didn't get nearly enough for a new car.

"How 'bout the radio?" I asked.

"That works too."

Yauch started driving off to Brooklyn as I turned the radio on. I tuned into whatever station sounded somewhat decent. They were playing Michael Jackson and I relatively liked his sound.

"Ya know," Yauch began. "I never expected Michael Jackson to be that big. I mean everyone knew the Jackson Five, but no one thought he was gonna have a solo career."

"I did," I scoffed. He gave me a questioning look.

"Oh really?"

"Well I knew Michael was different from the others," I sighed. "He's got that star mentality. You do too."

"You think I'm gonna be as big as Michael Jackson?" He rolled his eyes.

"You are pretty big currently," I frowned. "You forget how popular you guys are."