Chapter 18

Hiccup's POV

The crowd gasped.

I froze clenching my fists.

"As per custom you can have a meal here and pack whatever you need. You must leave at sunset." Stoick continued and walked away.

No one said a word.

Toothless growled about to follow Stoick.

"No bud. It's fine." I murmured.

I grabbed Avi's hand, "Come on then. Time to eat. I'm starving!"

Avi smiled and followed Toothless and I to the Great Hall shrinking our wings into our backs.

"Haven't been here in a long time aye bud?" I said pushing open the doors.

"Clearly not long enough." He growled.

We walked through to see people staring at us. I ignored them and grabbed some food and sat down at an empty table in the corner. Astrid and the gang sat down next to us. Aviana glared.

"What do you want?!" I sneered stuffing some chicken in my mouth.

"We wanted to apologize. Me especially." Astrid murmured.

"Why?! It's not like you ratted me out to my own father. It's not like you broke into my house and stole my gloves that were concealing my mark. It's not like you did anything to stop him from killing Toothless. I had to do it myself. You chased after me when we left so you could bring us back to kill us. No! You have nothing to apologize for!" I said sarcastically.

Aviana's POV

As Hiccup went on about his friends' betrayal his eyes glowed brighter and brighter with silver showing that he was about to crack.

Astrid grabbed his hand, "We are sorry..."

I leaned forward and slapped Astrid's hand away, "You stay away from him! We don't need your lies!"

Hiccup's POV

Astrid pulled away and left the table with the gang heads down. Avi and I finished our dinner and stood up leaving the Great Hall with our dragons behind us.

"I need to check the forge for anything I left a few years back." I murmured leading her towards the shop.

I went into my back office. I saw some leftover drawings and clothes. I grabbed the pictures from the wall and a change of clothes that probably won't fit me and put them in a basket.

"Let's go." I murmured and kissed her on the cheek.

"I can't believe he's your father...." Avi whispered. "Who would do that to your own son?"

"I don't call him my father. Not anymore. Not after what he's done." I murmured.

We walked to the cliffs where the village was waiting. They stood in two separate lines making a path for us. I tied the basket to Moonwave's saddle because Toothless doesn't have one. I gave the woman a nod and I turned to the crowd giving them a nod of goodbye. I glared as Astrid before turning to Aviana.

"Ready?" I asked her.

She looked back at our dragons and nodded grinning like a goof.

I took off down the lane the village made for us sprinting as fast as I could. I watched the eyes that looked at me. Aviana was at my side with Moonwave and Toothless was on my other side. I jumped from the cliff and opened my wings halfway down lifting into the air. I turned my head to see people gasping and looking over the edge.

Together the four of us flew off into the sunset.