Chapter 14

Astrid's POV

We had no choice but to go back to Berk. Gobber wanted to tell Stoick that Hiccup and the girl chased us away. I knew Gobber wasn't going to tell the chief that his son was alive or some kind of freak.

Hiccup changed. A lot. He looks strong and fast and hoooot. Oh gods did I just say that? His eyes were silver and I noticed he didn't wear his gloves anymore. Both him and the girl have the same mark on their right hand: a spiral black dragon. The strike class symbol, a Night Fury. Makes sense the girl has a Night Fury too. He lives with this girl now and she's really pretty. Black hair, dark blue eyes, and beautiful wings draping behind her. I wouldn't be surprised if they were a couple.

Hiccup was angry when we mentioned his father and his wings...they look familiar. I feel bad, we weren't there for him when he was going through some weird things after the battle with the Red Death. Then he disappeared when that other Night Fury rescued Toothless. OH MY GODS!

"Oh my gods!" I yelled.

The gang and Gobber all stared at me.

"What is it lass?!" Gobber asked.

"Did you notice Hiccup's wings?! They had the same markings as the Night Fury that rescued Toothless! When we mentioned Stoick he had the same hatred in his eyes as the Night Fury!" I stated.

Gobber's eyes widened, "We have to tell Stoick!"

"No! We can't! If we tell him he'll hunt Hiccup down and kill them! Hiccup left for a reason!" I pleaded.

Gobber nodded after thinking a little.

Hiccup's POV

"Hiccup were those your friends?" Avi asked me holding my hand as we walked back to our tree house.

"They were. But when I was changing Astrid was bugging me about why I wore gloves all the time and when they took Toothless and I saved him I knew I had to leave. I have you and Toothless and Moonwave and that's what matters." I explained kissing her on the cheek.

A red light was emitting from her house. We broke the tree line and it was up in flames.

"What the?!" I asked.

Toothless snarled.

We ran towards the house but men surrounded us ready to fight. I immediately transformed into a Night Fury and attacked. The four of us leapt at the men. A dart pricked Avi's neck and she fell unconscious. Toothless and Moonwave kept attacking as I ran to protect her. A dart hit Toothless and Moonwave. I snarled and didn't move from my spot.

A dart stabbed my neck and everything went dark.