Chapter 33: Revealing One's Talent

Ran Yan coldly glanced at him, "Let go of me."

Since he was young, Qin Musheng lived like a prince, everything went according to his wishes, the thing he could not bear the most was being treated unjustly, right at this moment he was just anxious to find an ally, any intention of taking advantage was secondary. Through Ran Yan's reminder, he let go in embarrassment.

Even though Ran Yan did not give him face, he had always had boundless tolerance and magnanimity towards beautiful women.

"Nephew[1] Qin, you said that you saw a servant, did you see her features clearly?" A middle-aged man in his forties parted the crowd, and walk in front of Qin Musheng. The facial features of the person that arrived were lean and thin, with a clean and tidy beard on his lower jaw, wearing a wide-sleeved robe, looked like quite a strong character, Ran Yan recognised that he was the head of the Yin family, Yin Wenshu.

Qin Musheng recollected briefly, shook his head and said, "I only saw the back of the person flash by, and did not see their looks."

"Oh? Then at that moment who was together with Nephew Qin?" Yin Wenshu asked.

"After obtaining the poems the ladies sent over, we split up to search, there was no one with me." Qin Musheng's complexion was at one moment pale, and the next moment flushed red, he was filled with hate and resentment. He knew that he had been set up by someone.

Anyone with some brain knew clearly, that the person was not killed by Qin Musheng, but right now there was no one to serve as a witness for him, if he wanted to get free from this matter it was not that easy.

Ran Yan carefully inspected the female corpse, even though this scene seemed like it happened in the way that it was described, in her eyes, there were flaws everywhere, without needing to examine the body she could refute the story of "Qin Musheng caused the servant to die due to lustful intentions". The only thing was, did she need speak out?

She was not willing to marry Qin Musheng, but now they were are already at the first step of engagement[2], if something really happened to Qin Musheng, Madam Gao definitely would find a way to prevent the Ran family from breaking the engagement, it was fine if Qin Musheng died, but if he did not die, then this terrible mess would fall on her in the end, and she would not be able to shake free of it, at that time could she not care about it?

Regarding the future, Ran Yan could not help thinking about it in excess.

Even though investigative inference had started to become prevalent in the Han dynasty, but with the passage of many dynasties, it had never been developed, and remained in a comparatively weak state, most of the coroners merely examined the body only, sometimes they were unable to determine many of the causes of death. If Qin Musheng really received the death sentence, then he would ostensibly be Ran Yan's first man[3], on this matter, Ran Yan really rejected it.

Furthermore, as a forensic doctor who communicated with the dead and was responsible for finding out the true circumstances of death, she could not turn a blind eye to such an obvious ploy to shift the blame.

"I believe that Fourth Master Qin did not kill this person." After thorough analysis, Ran Yan decided to speak about a portion of the suspicious points, after all she was not examining and dissecting the cadaver, it would not be seen as something horrifying.

Once Ran Yan's clear and cold voice rang out, all the noise and chatter stop for a moment.

The crowd looked at her with complicated gazes, some were taking joy in another's misfortune, some were pitying, some where admiring, but everyone thought that she was supporting Qin Musheng from the stance of a fiancé, almost none felt that Ran Yan really found any flaws, even Qin Musheng himself also felt that way.