Chapter 34: Killing Flowers

Towards Ran Meiyu this type of person, one had to be quick and firm, otherwise one would simply be looking to suffer her temper.

Ran Yan was impatient to find Wan Lu, then turn around to the Ran residence, and look for her father to solve her marriage issue with Fourth Master Qin, she had no time to waste around with Ran Meiyu.

Ran Meiyu had not expected that Ran Yan would dare to treat her this way, moreover with the sore numbness in her arm, she definitely would be stunned for a while.

Before nearing the canopy of Banks' roses, the air was already filled with fragrance, seeping into the heart, Ran Yan's mood calmed down slightly, she laughed involuntarily, it seems like she really was too eager to get rid of Qin Musheng, she actually became somewhat agitated.

Today she had stuck her head out[1], who knew how much was due to a forensic doctor's dedication to the truth, and how much was because she was afraid that Qin Musheng would really be convicted of a crime, and that in order to protect the family name, the Ran Family would cause this matter to become irrevocable.

Ran Yan had never been mutually in love with someone before, but she had secretly been in love with many people, but it was just that every single time it would result in nothing because she would discover some of their shortcomings that she could not endure. Even though this was the case, it did not prevent her to harbour romantic hopes, she was a person that was a little fastidious, she could tolerate being with Qin Musheng, but she was absolutely not able to tolerate him being her first man, be it in essence or in name.

Even if it reaches the final moment, she would never give up, this was Ran Yan's principle of life.

Ran Yan and the Yin residence's maidservant split up to search in the garden, from time to time calling out Wan Lu's name, but replying them was just the cool breeze and the fragrance of the flowers, and the rustling of the leaves.

"Seventeenth Miss, should we go to the water-pavilion to look, the sound of the water there is loud, maybe Wan Lu guniang (T/N: means girl/young lady) couldn't hear us!" The maidservant suggested.

Even though Ran Yan felt that it was unlikely that Wan Lu was there, but it was only a short distance away, thus she nodded her head.

"Is there normally no one in the garden?" Ran Yan felt it was strange, they had already wandered around for quite a long while, but why haven't they met a single maidservant or manservant?

That maidservant replied, "On the first and fifteenth of each month the garden would be cleaned once, at other times it is mostly empty, because the Misses like to play in the garden, the residence normally do not allow manservants or those without duties to enter.

Entering the canopy of Banks' roses, the flower petals gently fell and spun with the wind, its beauty irreproducible, the canopy of Banks' roses formed a long tunnel, the sunlight shone inside, the whole tunnel was suffused with dark green and snow-white, it looked extremely beautiful.

As they walked further ahead, the fragments of the flower petals fell even more numerously like the rain, densely pressing down, just like heavy snow on a winter's day! Ran Yan's heart paused slightly, this was not right, it was not the season for the petals of the Banks' roses to drop, but why would it fall so much? When she passed by earlier, there definitely was not so much...

Just as she was raising her head to look at the rain of petals filling the sky, the flower fragrance in the air suddenly contained an additional suspicious bloody smell, at the same time, the flower petals floating in the air actually contained bright red colours, mixed within the snow-white scene, they were especially eye-catching.