Chapter 42: The First Law of the Hunt (5)

Bishop Durst also bowed deeply and shouted.

“I greet the legend!”

He then added on.

“It is the greatest honor of my life to walk down this legendary path by your side!”

‘What is up with these people?

Can they please stop doing this?

It makes me want to just go home.’

Cale had all sorts of thoughts but could not say any of them out loud.

Instead, he looked at the church members who had filled the secret residence and asked the Pope.

“Is it okay to come into the capital like this?”

The Pope smiled benignly and answered in a completely unrelated manner.

“The entirety of the church’s battle troops is gathered outside the capital.”

She then added on.

“All of them will enter the capital the moment you wish for them to do so, oh esteemed Purifier.”

Red aura was fluctuating around the Pope’s body.

She was showing her will to fight as well.

“We heard that you were starting a war against the House of Huayans today, oh esteemed Purifier.”

According to the message they received from Marquis Helson’s side, the Purifier and his people were going to launch the first attack on the House of Huayans while the patriarch was not there.

“That battle… The church is ready to join you at any moment.”

The Huayans Estate was basically attached to the Imperial Palace.

Going there meant that they would have to face off against the troops of the Imperial Palace, so the Pop wanted to help the Purifier.

‘No, it would not be helping him.’

Marquis Helson’s side had sent the clip of the white desert.

They had also sent a clip of the red fire explosion that happened before that.

‘We are too weak to be helping such a person.’

How strong could a church that was labeled as heretics be?

Of course, they were confident that their core battle troops were much stronger than most Empire’s Knights Brigades.

‘…Plus, the Purifier is not a god.’

The Pope clenched her eyes for a moment.

She could see the Purifier, who had not removed the brown magic dye from his hair.

‘I received a divine revelation last night.’

The Fire of Purification had come to the Pope’s dream to say the following.

‘He is someone we cannot allow to get hurt.’

‘If he gets hurt, the Super Rock, ah no, anyway, help him so that he does not push himself too much. You will find many benefits for yourself and for Xiaolen if you follow him on his path.’

The Pope did not know what a Super Rock was, but she understood everything else.

‘No matter the existence, no matter who the bastards might be!’

Their god had told her.

‘I must not allow this esteemed sir to get injured!’

That was why she needed to protect him.